"T" Hooks & Bucket Hooks

/ "T" Hooks & Bucket Hooks #1  

crash325

Elite Member
Tractor
New Holland TC-45
Before getting into the hooks. No one should ever get under a load in the air. It makes no difference how it is being held or what is holding it. NUFF Said.

Almost every one with a front end loader needs hooks on the bucket. I like grab hooks, but many like slip hooks. Weld on or bolt on? The good thing about bolt on is they can be changed or taken off. With no desire to remove mine, they got welded.

"T" hooks can be very handy, quick to install or remove. Mine are used when something can't be reached with the FEL. The back hoe will reach out about 10' and swing from side to side. The "T" hooks and the back hoe reaching out are not for a heavy load. Maybe around 400 to 500 Lbs.
A simple Keyhole slot has been cut in both sides of my BH bucket. The keyhole could be cut into the ends of your loader bucket. In seconds you can slip in the "T" hooks, once your done lifting they come right back out.

I haven't been able to find any "T"s with the grab hook on them, so you may have to put your own on. Or work with the loop that most come with.

A side note, the hooks on my bucket were forged from RR spikes. The spike metal is a little better than mild steel. I have forged a few more hooks from the RR spikes, they are strong enough that I have broken 1 chain and 2 cables with them. OK crappy chain :laughing: But one of the cables was a guy wire cable used on power poles. :thumbsup:

Attachments

• bucket hooks 1.jpg
    bucket hooks 1.jpg
    102.5 KB · Views: 822
  • t hooks 1.jpg
    t hooks 1.jpg
    37.8 KB · Views: 657
  • keyhole slots.jpg
    keyhole slots.jpg
    92.1 KB · Views: 785
  • forged hooks.jpg
    forged hooks.jpg
    73.3 KB · Views: 651
   / "T" Hooks & Bucket Hooks #2  
Interesting idea. I have a bunch of T hooks hanging around, since I used to be in the towing industry. I've never given any thought to using them in a tractor application, but I can see where it would be a good option in certain applications.

/ "T" Hooks & Bucket Hooks #3  
I have been holding out from having some hooks welded on because I am uncertain wich way they would be more useful and by there positioning, If I would use a chain from the backside of the bucket? or the front side. the hook would have to be welded in one way or the other:cool:
having some of these T-hooks would resolve the issue of me not knowing where or how to posistion hooks on the bucket or welding on the hooks;) I could simply cut some key-holes and drop the T's in and only use when I need them.....

hey! want to trade for some old rusty hooks I cannot figure any use for?:D

/ "T" Hooks & Bucket Hooks
deepNdirt me not knowing where or how to posistion hooks on the bucket or welding on the hooks;) I could simply cut some key-holes and drop the T's in and only use when I need them..... hey! want to trade for some old rusty hooks I cannot figure any use for?:D[/QUOTE said:
Hi Deep
One good thing is if you get it wrong. just weld up the holes and start over.

You have a couple of grab hokes there, look like different sizes in the picture. You will need them if you have to buy "T" hooks. It appears that they no longer can be had with a hook on them.

Just send them 2 me, I never have enough hooks. :D:thumbsup: