So you think converting a Pin-On to QA is Easy!

/ So you think converting a Pin-On to QA is Easy! #51  
49 buckets, plus 7 sets of forks, plus 5 3pt implements. I know I overlooked a few things.

Everybody who lifts their tractors rear end off the ground is currently maxing out the lift capacity. Moving the bucket three inches further out will magnify the problem.

/ So you think converting a Pin-On to QA is Easy! #52  
What is the lift capacity of the Rhino loader? Is it 680 kgs (1495 lbs)? How long does it take each loader to lift from the ground to full height.
Are there any reasons not to go with a Rhino loader?

I'm not sure of the lift capacity of the Rhino. The Rhino is slower than the Kubota loader. I don't think we are comparing "like sized" loaders. Maybe the next size bigger Kubota loader would be a better comparison. I have no complaints with the Rhino loader. I use it pretty hard and it's not had any issues.

/ So you think converting a Pin-On to QA is Easy! #53  
A nice write-up and a lot of work. Buying a new bucket is probably not a bad idea. It will be a lot harder to convert than my forks.

/ So you think converting a Pin-On to QA is Easy! #54  
Reviving an ancient thread, but I'll ask anyway:

James, where is your thread on changing your Kioti bucket to SSQA? ;)

/ So you think converting a Pin-On to QA is Easy! #55  

Send him a PM. He may no longer be subscribed to this thread even though he started it.

/ So you think converting a Pin-On to QA is Easy!

I guess I don't understand, The Kioti bucket was SSQA as OEM. Works good, lasts long time:thumbsup: I guess your question was tongue in cheek.

/ So you think converting a Pin-On to QA is Easy! #57  
I guess your question was tongue in cheek.
Yes, you do understand. That is precisely how I meant it.

You put a lot of work into that Kubota QA (well done), I just thought maybe buying a Kioti was an easier way for you to get your QA this time.
(Again, said tongue-in-cheek).

Yes, you do understand. That is precisely how I meant it.

You put a lot of work into that Kubota QA (well done), I just thought maybe buying a Kioti was an easier way for you to get your QA this time.
(Again, said tongue-in-cheek).

Yep, but I kept the Kubota bucket too.. fits real nice on the Kioti when I want a "beater bucket", plus it is smaller and will dig a little easier. I had to repair it a while back, as it appears the Japanese welder never welded that side of the cutting edge real well.

http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/welding/249487-oh-no-my-bucket-broken.html

/ So you think converting a Pin-On to QA is Easy! #59  
Thread a few years old now, but I did a similar swap to my brothers 4200 ford last year. I had a quick attach off a bigger tractor that had been bent and twisted. It wasnt a exact fit for my brothers tractor. I cut out the sq tube that held each side of the QA mount together and used a 3/8 plate with pin holes to fit the current hinge and cyl mounting points for his loader. To remove the mounting points off the bucket, I used my plasma torch. To get to the hard to get to spots to cut out the old weld, I just sliced and diced up the mounts and got the bulk of the excess material out of the way. Using the plasma torch as a gouge, i was able to then blow out the mig welds that held the mount on. A couple of blows with a sledge hammer and they where off. Turned my brother loose with the 7in grinder and he had it slicked up ready for the QA mounting plate in just a few minutes. I have found that when retrofitting something for beside its original intended use, it is just faster to get the bulk out of the way before trying to trim to fit. It took about 3 hrs to completely change his loader over to a QA, with brother grinding and holding while I cut and welded. Plasmas are fine tools, now that I own one, it makes me wonder why it took so long to decide to buy one.

it makes me wonder why it took so long to decide to buy one.

I am betting the money had something to do with it!:D I know that is what is holding me back.:D