So you think converting a Pin-On to QA is Easy!

/ So you think converting a Pin-On to QA is Easy! #71  
The disadvantage of your idea is, every attachment that you want to use would have to be modified. If you needed to rent one, it would not fit.

I bought my first SSQA attachment on craigslist before I had a machine to put it on, but I knew it would fit on whatever I bought, because SSQA dimensions are standardized.

And a lot of guys have added powered latches, like the Bobcat powered Bob-Tach to their QA.

View attachment 456483
I concur, stick with standards. My linear actuator http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/customization/321704-linear-actuator-power-ssqa.html can be removed in about 10 seconds with 1 or 2 lynch pins & 1 electrical plug. I can always fall back to manual levers if need be.

/ So you think converting a Pin-On to QA is Easy! #72  
Not a very enlightening photo but it did happen. It doesn't show the misguided way I mounted the loader brackets too low- again my first time and I didn't realize that most lower pins are level With the pin latch.
This is my kubota bucket that I put on after the conversion to make sure the Titan adapter did work. It needed a little grinding in the corners but fit well
The second photo shows lack of thought on Titans part- straight fittings with no possible access. Luckily they were finger tight and I could replace with 90s

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1455066593.184529.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1455066617.053054.jpg

/ So you think converting a Pin-On to QA is Easy! #73  
I wonder if that was a new kid's first day or if they're all that way?

/ So you think converting a Pin-On to QA is Easy! #74  
Not a very enlightening photo but it did happen. It doesn't show the misguided way I mounted the loader brackets too low- again my first time and I didn't realize that most lower pins are level With the pin latch.
This is my kubota bucket that I put on after the conversion to make sure the Titan adapter did work. It needed a little grinding in the corners but fit well
The second photo shows lack of thought on Titans part- straight fittings with no possible access. Luckily they were finger tight and I could replace with 90s

View attachment 456523
View attachment 456524

I'm trying to follow this but I don't quite understand the issues you came up against.

What are the 90s that you used for replacement?

/ So you think converting a Pin-On to QA is Easy! #75  
Oh, we're you talking about the grease zert?

I still don't get the alignment problem on the plate and/or quick attach adapter.

/ So you think converting a Pin-On to QA is Easy! #76  
Sorry - yes the zeros are up in a pocket boxed in and unuseable as shipped. As the old saying goes ".. A picture is worth a thousand words". I will post tomorrow. For now-
The "weld on assy" from Titan has huge plates for welding on brackets that hang down at lower than necessary. I just welded on the brackets level with the bottom of the plates since I didn't want it hanging down and digging in. Afterwards I noticed that most loaders have the pivot (lower) pin level with the area where the lock pins engage the attachment plate.

/ So you think converting a Pin-On to QA is Easy! #77  
I think I get it. But another picture or two will help.

I haven't welded the qa plate on my bucket yet so very interested. I have welded the brackets on the adapter.

I don't want the pins dragging but I don't want the bucket too low either.

/ So you think converting a Pin-On to QA is Easy! #78  
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1455126371.644232.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1455126387.842913.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1455126403.577791.jpg
First picture shows the weld on plate assy and loader pin with bucket. If the bucket was curled back it would drag ground. It is barely passable but I didn't want to grind off all the welds so i'll live with it for now. As long as it doesn't drag the only downside is less down travel of the attachment- no digging big holes.

The second photo shows without the bucket. It is approx 6" from where the bottom of the SSQA plate to the bottom of the Titan frame work.

The 3rd is the kubota- only 3 " height difference.

Still not sure why Titan makes the weld on assy plate hang down so far past the SSQA plate. Hope this helps someone else.

/ So you think converting a Pin-On to QA is Easy! #79  
This is an old thread, but I'm getting ready to convert my LA524 loader to SSQA. I bought the SSQA part from the Kubota dealer and a mounting plate from Titan. Now I just need to modify the bucket and weld the plate on. regarding modifying the bucket, Based on the posts in this thread, it sounds like it's either a complete PITA and I should have bought a SSQA bucket, OR, it's a moderately aggravating PITA and I should have bought a SSQA bucket.:laughing:

Oh well... I'm already committed.

/ So you think converting a Pin-On to QA is Easy!
This is an old thread, but I'm getting ready to convert my LA524 loader to SSQA. I bought the SSQA part from the Kubota dealer and a mounting plate from Titan. Now I just need to modify the bucket and weld the plate on. regarding modifying the bucket, Based on the posts in this thread, it sounds like it's either a complete PITA and I should have bought a SSQA bucket, OR, it's a moderately aggravating PITA and I should have bought a SSQA bucket.:laughing:

Oh well... I'm already committed.

With the proper tools, it could be a moderate PITA, Maybe almost fun with the proper tools, and cool weather. Improper tools, and 90+ degrees, made it a major PITA. In any case, as you said, you are already going down the road. Let us know how it turns out, and post some pics...