Battery Maint /charger

/ Battery Maint /charger #1  

chopped

Veteran Member
I just purchased this charger
Walmart.com: Schumacher SpeedCharge Battery Maintainer and Charger: Automotive
I plan to give it a try and maybe buy more if I like the results.It come with a quick disconnect harness , and also spring clip harness:thumbsup:
Ive had good luck with the Harbor Freight float chargers 5 dollar one but the connections of the spring clip havent been to good. This new wal mart unit has some faily good spring on the clips.
So Ill see how it goes.Just wondered if anyone had experiences with it good or bad Thanks
I plan to use it on my tractor battery. This battery is 11 years old. also from wally world.Im hoping that this chatger will extend out the battery even longer.. Its a nice batter with side termals and also top ones so I wired the winch to the side. Verry convient ..

/ Battery Maint /charger #2  
A Schumacher was the first maintainer I bought 3-4 years ago for my bike and it's still going strong.
I've bought a couple more different brands, this one Motomaster Eliminator Intelligent Battery Charger, 2A/4A | Canadian Tire that I've had to return for another as it wouldn't turn on and apparently they won't sense a completely discharged battery.
This one, Motomaster Eliminator Intelligent Battery Charger 6A/4A/2A | Canadian Tire when the power goes out with the charger plugged in you have to turn it off and back on again to stop the fan running continuously.
Stick with the Schumacher.....Mike

/ Battery Maint /charger
Im amazed myself. It was the biggest one that Wal Mart old at the time. And the tractor is kept inside..I think that helps. But I have thought a couple time. hmm it seems a bit sluggish.This is an Auntomotive battery. I never bought into that a dealer nattery was any better. Certainly not for the price..Id sooner run two auto batterys together than one from a dealer.

/ Battery Maint /charger #5  
i have on ein an electric fence setup.. it keeps the battery topped. works good.

soundguy

I plan to give it a try and maybe buy more if I like the results.It come with a quick disconnect harness , and also spring clip harness:thumbsup:
Ive had good luck with the Harbor Freight float chargers 5 dollar one but the connections of the spring clip havent been to good. This new wal mart unit has some faily good spring on the clips.
So Ill see how it goes.Just wondered if anyone had experiences with it good or bad Thanks
I plan to use it on my tractor battery. This battery is 11 years old. also from wally world.Im hoping that this chatger will extend out the battery even longer.. Its a nice batter with side termals and also top ones so I wired the winch to the side. Verry convient ..

/ Battery Maint /charger #6  
The Schumachers from Wally World i've used on my Crown Vic, my F250 and both of my tractors. The Vic and the truck batteries are over six years old. The autos are garaged and sometimes I bring the tractor batteries inside during the winter. So far , so good.

/ Battery Maint /charger #7  
We are on our second one. The first one worked for several years and I think lighting may have eaten it.

Picked up some for $5+ bucks at HF that seem to work. This morning I noticed the one on the 265 big diesel battery was throwing out 13.9 volts but at 1/2 amp before taper I am not worked about that huge battery.

I have found it is good to trick my auto three stage into starting to charge a dead battery too.:laughing:

I do not plan to plug in the HF charger and come back and check on it next year. :D

/ Battery Maint /charger
In reference to this charger
Automatic Battery Float Charger - 12V
Ive had greta luck with these over the years. My first one cost 2.99 dollars.
The only problem is the aligator clips dont always get a good connection and the red indicator light will light even if there is a faulty connection.
So I attach the aligator clips first and make sure the red light glows. then I plug them in..
Over time they can loose contact. the springs arent to tight and there isnt alot of surface area for a connection.
But I would reccomend them for use. I have 5 going on a regular basis..
So far good with the One I started the thread on. I like that i can plug in the tracor and charge.
yet also have the plug in aligators which allows me to use the charger on other batterys also..

/ Battery Maint /charger #9  

I've used 6V and 12V Deltran battery maintainers for 3 years. No problems. I have 6 of them going now (I have 5 vintage tractors that generally sit around 95% of the time).