Default Battery Maint /charger

I just purchased this charger
    Walmart.com: Schumacher SpeedCharge Battery Maintainer and Charger: Automotive
    I plan to give it a try and maybe buy more if I like the results.It come with a quick disconnect harness , and also spring clip harness
    Ive had good luck with the Harbor Freight float chargers 5 dollar one but the connections of the spring clip havent been to good. This new wal mart unit has some faily good spring on the clips.
    So Ill see how it goes.Just wondered if anyone had experiences with it good or bad Thanks
    I plan to use it on my tractor battery. This battery is 11 years old. also from wally world.Im hoping that this chatger will extend out the battery even longer.. Its a nice batter with side termals and also top ones so I wired the winch to the side. Verry convient ..

Platinum Member

Default Re: Battery Maint /charger

A Schumacher was the first maintainer I bought 3-4 years ago for my bike and it's still going strong.
    I've bought a couple more different brands, this one Motomaster Eliminator Intelligent Battery Charger, 2A/4A | Canadian Tire that I've had to return for another as it wouldn't turn on and apparently they won't sense a completely discharged battery.
    This one, Motomaster Eliminator Intelligent Battery Charger 6A/4A/2A | Canadian Tire when the power goes out with the charger plugged in you have to turn it off and back on again to stop the fan running continuously.
    Stick with the Schumacher.....Mike

Tractor
    kubota L3000dt, ford 8n1952

Eleven years on a battery? Fantastic.....
    Okay, Legal disclaimer: Old but not senile, definitely do not have the answer to everything!

Im amazed myself. It was the biggest one that Wal Mart old at the time. And the tractor is kept inside..I think that helps. But I have thought a couple time. hmm it seems a bit sluggish.This is an Auntomotive battery. I never bought into that a dealer nattery was any better. Certainly not for the price..Id sooner run two auto batterys together than one from a dealer.

Tractor
    ym1700, NH7610S, Ford 8N, 2N, NAA, 660, 850 x2, 541, 950, 941D, 951, 2000, 3000, 4000, 4600, 5000, 740, IH 'C' 'H', CUB, John Deere 'B', allis 'G', case VAC

i have on ein an electric fence setup.. it keeps the battery topped. works good.

soundguy

Quote Originally Posted by chopped View Post
    I plan to give it a try and maybe buy more if I like the results.It come with a quick disconnect harness , and also spring clip harness
    Ive had good luck with the Harbor Freight float chargers 5 dollar one but the connections of the spring clip havent been to good. This new wal mart unit has some faily good spring on the clips.
    So Ill see how it goes.Just wondered if anyone had experiences with it good or bad Thanks
    I plan to use it on my tractor battery. This battery is 11 years old. also from wally world.Im hoping that this chatger will extend out the battery even longer.. Its a nice batter with side termals and also top ones so I wired the winch to the side. Verry convient ..

Veteran Member
    Tractor
    Kubota B2620 (2012)

The Schumachers from Wally World i've used on my Crown Vic, my F250 and both of my tractors. The Vic and the truck batteries are over six years old. The autos are garaged and sometimes I bring the tractor batteries inside during the winter. So far , so good.
    Kubota B2620 HST

Elite Member
    Tractor
    265 MF / JD 310B Backhoe

We are on our second one. The first one worked for several years and I think lighting may have eaten it.

Picked up some for $5+ bucks at HF that seem to work. This morning I noticed the one on the 265 big diesel battery was throwing out 13.9 volts but at 1/2 amp before taper I am not worked about that huge battery.

I have found it is good to trick my auto three stage into starting to charge a dead battery too.

I do not plan to plug in the HF charger and come back and check on it next year.

In reference to this charger
    Automatic Battery Float Charger - 12V
    Ive had greta luck with these over the years. My first one cost 2.99 dollars.
    The only problem is the aligator clips dont always get a good connection and the red indicator light will light even if there is a faulty connection.
    So I attach the aligator clips first and make sure the red light glows. then I plug them in..
    Over time they can loose contact. the springs arent to tight and there isnt alot of surface area for a connection.
    But I would reccomend them for use. I have 5 going on a regular basis..
    So far good with the One I started the thread on. I like that i can plug in the tracor and charge.
    yet also have the plug in aligators which allows me to use the charger on other batterys also..

Tractor
    2008 Mahindra 5525, 1964 MF-135 diesel, 1951 Farmall Super A, 1951 Minneapolis Moline BF, 1945 Oliver 60 Row Crop, 1949 JD B widefront

Quote Originally Posted by chopped View Post
    I've used 6V and 12V Deltran battery maintainers for 3 years. No problems. I have 6 of them going now (I have 5 vintage tractors that generally sit around 95% of the time).

Bronze Member
    Tractor
    Kubota 2360

Here is what I use on all of my stuff that needs batteries.

My motorcycle battery is on its 4th year using these tenders. I use them on everything from my wife's convertible and SUV to the quad and tractor.

http://http://batterytender.com/lawn-garden.html