Suspension seat

/ Suspension seat #1  

mushrock

Ontonagon county, Upper Penninsula of Michigan
Tractor
Kubota B7100 old style
I read the post 'suspension seats revisited'. Using the information supplied by John Miller3 I called Carter & Carter Machiney,Inc. 423-282-6969 ( http://www.ccmachiney.com) and, after a short pleasent conversation, ordered one of their seats for my Kubota B7100 (old style). The total cost WAS $60.00. The seat arrived in less than a week. The box it came in looked like it had been in a war with quite a bit of clear and duct tape holding it together. When I opened the box I found that everything inside was in good shape with only some paint scraped off of the seat bottom on one corner, easly corrected with a spray can of black paint. In addition to the seat, back rest, and slide bracket the box contained several pieces of what the manufacturer calls "imitation leather" left over when covering was trimmed to fit the seat and back rest. This material is nearly 1/8th" thick and seems to be extermely tough.

Mounting the seat was an easy task. I simply removed the original seat and slide bracket and then aligned the new slide bracket and drilled four holes in it in line with the holes in the tractor mount. I had to supply the mounting hardware; four bolts, nuts, & washers to mount the slide bracket to the tractor while the seat came with the bolts to mount the seat and back rest to the slide bracket.

The seat slides approximately 6" from front to rear. The suspension is achived by two large springs and a shock absorber mounted in the upright section of the slide bracket. The amount of lift or suspension is adjustable via a thumb nut on the top of the upright so, yes, it is possible to adjust it while sitting in the seat - just easier if you are not. Vertical travel is about four inches at the lightest setting. The new seat sits higher by three or four inches than the original seat and, although that took some getting used to, I like it.

When I ordered the seat I thought the wrap around arms might be a problem, that is; that I would be hitting my elbows and arms on them when I was trying to work. Actually, they are quite short and have not gotten in the way so far. and, they do provide lateral support when leaning to the side.

This seat is made in Turkey by Ozguvencler Manufacturing LTD. and is part of their KONeFOR seat line. You can see some better pictures of it than C&C has and and get more information about it on their web site;

http://www.argiturk.com/seats/index.htm

The seat you are looking for is model HG-4.

The ultimate questions with all things is; knowing what you know now, would you recommend it to anyone? Yes. Do it again? Actually, for the price, I am thinking of doing just that, ordering another one to stick away for future use.

/ Suspension seat #4  
Thanks Mushrock,
Most of the time we hear about when we messed up not when a customer is happy.
Mark
hg004a.jpg

/ Suspension seat #5  
Has anyone tried this seat on a BX2200? I called this morning to order one, and there was some concern about whether or not it could be made to fit. I am planning to take some measurements this evening after work.
thx
ret

/ Suspension seat #6  
Is it available in yellow or green? Blue would clash with my tractor.

/ Suspension seat #7  
May be that I'm out of line here, but a product from Turkey is on my DO NOT BUY list until things change for our troops over there waiting to land to implement operation Iraq Freedom.

/ Suspension seat #8  
There's a guy on some of the tractor forums hawking these seats to resellers.

I hope Carver & the rest of you haven't had to deal with 'nomad' - he's quite a character. Most folks at http://talk.newagtalk.com wouldn't want to try! I feel your pain if you need to deal with him directly.

Looks like a nice enough seat, at that price.

--->Paul

/ Suspension seat #9  
Since the Turks seem to be softening up a bit and are being a little more cooperative, I went ahead and ordered one of those Turkish seats. Those folks are Carter are great. Check 'em out.
ret

/ Suspension seat #10  
<font color="blue">… a product from Turkey is on my DO NOT BUY list until things change for our troops…</font>

I agree…

But please don’t HURT the American business men & women that already have inventory, bought and paid for… long before this Turkish fiasco started…

Now, if someone is continuing to conduct business with Turkey while this problem remains unresolved… then Shame on Them…!