Kubota Grand L 5740HSTC3 Stack Conversion

/ Kubota Grand L 5740HSTC3 Stack Conversion
Like the stack, my loader has soot all over it but its more the diesel fumes blowing back into the cab that bothers me.

Thanks. I still think there's a real need for a stack retrofit kit on all these tractors with the downward pointing exhaust. Some will say they like the smell of Diesel but I sure don't and I know you don't. You should try and get the conversion done. Thanks for commenting.

Well this evening I did a little tweaking with the stack mod. Everything looked and sounds great but I was a little concerned about the hoses and wiring close to the plumbing so I did a little re-route and made a simple aluminum heat shield to add to it. It really don't get hot under the hood due to the high volume of air rushing through via the rad fan but this was done just to ease my mind. I added a photo just in case someone else out there was going to do this mod and it might help you out seeing it.

Also got the air horn installed that I had just installed on the 4240 before I traded it so I'm slowly getting things back to normal what ever normal may be.
:eek::laughing:

The original horn installation can be seen here: ‪Kubota Air Horn install.wmv‬‏ - YouTube

finallookAA.jpg

h1.jpg

h2.jpg

h3.jpg

h4.jpg

h5.jpg

h6.jpg

h7.jpg

/ Kubota Grand L 5740HSTC3 Stack Conversion #23  
My gosh man! If I had 1/10th of your skill I'd be a happy camper.

/ Kubota Grand L 5740HSTC3 Stack Conversion #24  
Matt water getting in the exhaust won't be a problem. If you look at the photos again you'll see I took that into consideration and added a drainage tube to the stack adapter. As soon as the water gets in it runs out.

That should work.

/ Kubota Grand L 5740HSTC3 Stack Conversion #25  
Also got the air horn installed that I had just installed on the 4240 before I traded it so I'm slowly getting things back to normal what ever normal may be.

Paul, great workmanship, as usual. And thanks for the photos. Question, should the horn be faced downward to keep any potential snow/melting snow/water from entering the horn?

Paul, great workmanship, as usual. And thanks for the photos. Question, should the horn be faced downward to keep any potential snow/melting snow/water from entering the horn?

Not necessary to have this one pointed down because there's a drain nipple at the lower end of the horn plus I've never seen any snow up that high on top of the battery in the three years plowing with the other tractor. Great question and thanks for the compliment :thumbsup:

/ Kubota Grand L 5740HSTC3 Stack Conversion #28  
Very nice machine work!!! Looks top notch. That's one clean machine. Is it used for snow only?

One question... why is the stack below the roof line of the cab? Most machines usually have the stack slightly above roof line level to allow proper exhausting of the fumes, soot.

Nice work!

/ Kubota Grand L 5740HSTC3 Stack Conversion #29  
You have what kids these day call "mad skillz" :thumbsup:

BTW, when will the stack kit for my L3940 be ready? :D

Very nice machine work!!! Looks top notch. That's one clean machine. Is it used for snow only?

One question... why is the stack below the roof line of the cab? Most machines usually have the stack slightly above roof line level to allow proper exhausting of the fumes, soot.

Nice work!

Thank you. I actually looked at at least 6 different machines and the stacks was either at or just below the roof line. If I went about the roof line the stack would have been right smack in front of the left upper light :( I didn't want that. I've been spending a few days starting the machine and the exhaust pointing the way it is there's no soot at all anywhere so at this point I'm a happy camper. Yep it's used for snow clearing only.

Here's a video of my old 200 hour 4240 ‪Plowing snow with the Drift.wmv‬‏ - YouTube