Kubota Grand L 5740HSTC3 Stack Conversion

/ Kubota Grand L 5740HSTC3 Stack Conversion #81  
Thanks Paul. I'm having a hard time seeing what I need to see for the box. At first I thought you built a box, then it looked liked like your mounting plate didn't have a box, it just held the pipes. In one of your first pics in this thread, you have the tacked bracket and you have a 2" pipe welded vertically. How did you get from there to the 3" vertical stack?

In my head, I'm picturing welding up a squarish box. On one side there would be a 2" opening to go to the engine exhaust, and on the top I would have my 3" opening for the stack.

/ Kubota Grand L 5740HSTC3 Stack Conversion
Thanks Paul. I'm having a hard time seeing what I need to see for the box. At first I thought you built a box, then it looked liked like your mounting plate didn't have a box, it just held the pipes. In one of your first pics in this thread, you have the tacked bracket and you have a 2" pipe welded vertically. How did you get from there to the 3" vertical stack?

In my head, I'm picturing welding up a squarish box. On one side there would be a 2" opening to go to the engine exhaust, and on the top I would have my 3" opening for the stack.

I built the box and added the 3" stack to it just to make it look beefier and thinking it would allow more exhaust flow. If I remember correctly the inlet to the box is 2" and that's what te exhaust size is on the Bota. I mounted the box to the existing mounting bolt holes on the FEL.

I forget what photos I added to the thread so here's a few more.

Your kindly welcome :D

My template.

ex3.jpg

ex4.jpg

ex5.jpg

ex6.jpg