Quieting a Snapper RER

/ Quieting a Snapper RER #1  

calrec1

Tractor
'05 Snapper RER
Anyone have suggestions on how to quiet a Snapper RER?

/ Quieting a Snapper RER #2  
Buy a Honda was my first thought..:D Just yanking your chain... Is it the motor that is making the most noise? If it is just for your own sake put on a set of earmuffs. If you are trying to be a kind neighbor maybe fashion a bigger muffler with better baffling? That could be a hassle getting the old one off.

/ Quieting a Snapper RER
Both, I've read that Snapper, compared with other tractors/RER's is among the loudest. Considering 'stretching the exhaust system by adding pipe and another mufler from TSC.

/ Quieting a Snapper RER #4  
Experience has shown that reducing the exhaust sound on small engines doesn't do as much as one thinks...much of the noise is simply clatter and air movement when an engine, like the one on your Snapper, wasn't designed in the first place to be quiet.

/ Quieting a Snapper RER
(Heh) I love your avatar!
I'm sure you're right, but without ruining anything I may run some tests of mufflers in series. (I have two types to try out):cool:

/ Quieting a Snapper RER #6  
Experience has shown that reducing the exhaust sound on small engines doesn't do as much as one thinks...much of the noise is simply clatter and air movement when an engine, like the one on your Snapper, wasn't designed in the first place to be quiet.

I second that. I've stopped trying to quiet the engine and just put earmuffs on.

-Steve