Need help with rear remote setup on a JD 4300

/ Need help with rear remote setup on a JD 4300 #1  

Anonymous Poster

Hi all,

I'm pretty much hydraulically challenged but very much mechanically inclinded. I've tried to read as many posts as possible regarding the addition of additional remotes to my 4300, but I still am unclear about a few things. Here are the functions I'd like to get out of my setup: Top, Tilt, extra rear set (maybe), 4 in 1 bucket.

I currently have the standard DSCV loader valve that I think is three spool, so there is the possibility of utilizing that last spool for one of the above functions but I don't really like how the lever is connected to the valve via a cable.

For ease of use, I think I want to use an electric diverter valve (with button on current joystick) on the loader lift circuit to run the 4 in 1. That way I could use one hand to control both bucket tilt and 4 in 1 bucket operation at the same time. Where is the best place to tap into the loader lift circuit to add the diverter valve? Also, has anyone found a button that could be operated by your thumb while your hand is on the loader joystick?

On the 4300, where is the best place to tap into the hydraulic system to power the rear remotes? Is it through the existing loader valve or is there a better place to tie in? Due to price, I don't want to buy the JD kit so I plan to piece together my own setup using a separate 2 or 3 spool open center valve.

I guess I need someone to draw me a diagram (or explain) what connections need to be made to make this all work - either with or without a power beyond setup on the second valve.

Sorry about all of the questions, but I'm determined to install this stuff myself. THANKS in advance for any help!!!

Steve

/ Need help with rear remote setup on a JD 4300 #2  
I in the process of trying to figure out how to get remote outlets for my B7500hst. I found a company that makes diverter valves. It is the ADD ON company. My information is at a friends to check out. The company has a webb site. I am looking at one that will give me 3 additional outlets.

/ Need help with rear remote setup on a JD 4300
OK, I took a look at the back of the tractor trying to find where to access the hydraulics. There is a hard hydraulic line across the top of the rearend that runs from the loader valve to the other side of the rear end where it ties into a fitting.

Would I be correct to say that where the pipe connects to the loader valve is a pressurized power beyond port and the other end of the pipe is the return?

If so, I assume that I can tie into the PB port and run that to the "in" port on the new valve for the remotes. The return line would run from the "out" port to the return port on the rearend of the tractor.

Does this sound right? If it isn't right, I guess I still need someone to tell me where to tap into the hydraulic system.

Thanks!

Steve

Attachments

• 243197-right side.jpg
    243197-right side.jpg
    39.8 KB · Views: 189
picture of the left side of the hydraulic pipe (return?) facing the back of the tractor

Attachments

• 243198-left side.jpg
    243198-left side.jpg
    27.5 KB · Views: 191
   / Need help with rear remote setup on a JD 4300 #5  
There is a discussion somewhere on this site about that hydraulic line, as it has a screen in it that could plug and there is a Deere upgrade for older set-ups. My dealer said mine wasn't a problem. I'm not sure, but there is a schematic I think on here somewhere. If I find it, I will post it.

In my effort to try to figure out the plumbing on this project, I've been reading all of the posts and looking at all of the pictures of those who have done this before. I think I have it figured out, but I want some feedback to make sure. The attached diagram (PDF) shows what I think to be the correct plumbing for a 4200/4300/4400 using the JD power beyond kit. I suppose you really don't need the JD PB kit if you make up your own connections between the tractor and the valve, but I like the idea of using quick connector couplings so you can remove all of the hoses if desired for some reason.

This diagram was the result of looking at the pics that liledoun posted in this thread "My homemade TopNTilt/4th&5th control valve". If the diagram isn't right, let me know and I'll make changes to it. Thanks.

Steve

Attachments

• 244701-schematic.pdf
    44.1 KB · Views: 266
   / Need help with rear remote setup on a JD 4300 #7  
Steve,

I replied to your private messages, but in short the diagram is correct and the way I connected my valve.

The PB kit from Deere has all the right pipes and fittings to make the addition of the valve easy. It is "Deere Priced". No other sources are available.

I had a dealer installed third valve for my 4-n-1 bucket. All it is is a new cup holder with a handle and cable, connection brackets, etc. Also the Deere pipes to the rear connection.

Glad to help, I can send you more pictures if you need them.

Jim