Painting and working on old tractor

/ Painting and working on old tractor #21  
Kreem tank sealer works very well, but is only as good as your procedure in appying it.
Ethenol has no effect on Kreem.
For large tanks, we buy the quarts or gallons. You can buy muratic acid in gallons at your local pool and spa store. MEK can be found at Sherwin Williams.
If you TAKE THE PROPER TIME and follow procedure youu will have no further problems with your coated tank. We have several tanks coated 15 - 20 years ago.
The most amasing example is the tank on my Ford 9N:
When I got to the step of etching / rust removal with acid, the bottom of the tank not only leaked like a sieve; it LOOKED like a sieve!! I continued on and coated the tank and that was over 15 years ago. The lining still looks and works like new.
Last winter I made 2- 21 gallon tanks for a forklift. I decided to line them right off the bat while new. It took a better part of a day EACH to go through the proper steps. They turned out perfect! :thumbsup:

/ Painting and working on old tractor #22  
Good Evenin Code54,
On the tank issue, I just poured a box of locknuts and a couple quarts of kerosene into the fuel tank and then let it spin on an old paint mixer. You could also strap it to one of your tractor tire rims and let it spin slowly for a couple of hours. The inside of the tank came out like brand new. I then washed it and flushed it with water and let it dry. I have never had rust return...

It could be a cheap way out for you... ;)

Scott_VT - If I'm not mistaken, isn't that a picture of a Farmall Super A? My dad had both the cub and Super A and the picture you show is from the rear of a Super A, if my memory is correct.

Great looking tractor. I miss the one my dad had. It was so easy to service, etc...

Thanks for posting the pic.

Roger

/ Painting and working on old tractor #23  
Scott_VT - If I'm not mistaken, isn't that a picture of a Farmall Super A? My dad had both the cub and Super A and the picture you show is from the rear of a Super A, if my memory is correct.

Great looking tractor. I miss the one my dad had. It was so easy to service, etc...

Roger

Here's my 1951 Farmall Super A with it's 3pt hitch

DSCF0127 (Small).JPG

And my 1948 Farmall Cub

128 (Small).JPG

/ Painting and working on old tractor #26  

Roger

Good Evenin Roger,
Yep it is and thanks ! :)

Wrong on that one! nice looking super A , I'm corrected!

Good Evenin tcreeley,
No problem, if you had a picture of those two tractors side by side, the Super A looks like its on steriods compared to the Cub ! ;)

Attachments

• SuperA-7.JPG
    SuperA-7.JPG
    157.8 KB · Views: 269
   / Painting and working on old tractor
Thanks!!! I am going to call the Rad shop downtown on Monday and see what they can do on the tank. Overall it is just a little surface rust so it should be rather easy. No holes or flaking rust or anything.
Thanks again!!!

/ Painting and working on old tractor
Thanks!!! I am going to call the Rad shop downtown on Monday and see what they can do on the tank. Overall it is just a little surface rust so it should be rather easy. No holes or flaking rust or anything.
Thanks again!!!

/ Painting and working on old tractor #29  
Good Evenin Roger,
Yep it is and thanks ! :)

Good Evenin tcreeley,
No problem, if you had a picture of those two tractors side by side, the Super A looks like its on steriods compared to the Cub ! ;)

Scotty, I love that side view of the Super "A". Did you restore it? If yes, you did wonderful job.

If I'm not mistaken the only difference between the "A" and Super "A" is the hydraulics. The "A" did not have hydraulics, correct? Roger

/ Painting and working on old tractor #30  
Scotty, I love that side view of the Super "A". Did you restore it? If yes, you did wonderful job.

If I'm not mistaken the only difference between the "A" and Super "A" is the hydraulics. The "A" did not have hydraulics, correct? Roger

Good Afternoon Roger,
Yes I did and thanks so much on the compliment ! ;)

Yes the only real difference is the touch control hydraulic unit under the fuel tank. I also rebuilt that unit durring the restore, it was about $100 for the rebuild kit from Case IH dealer...

Here is a link to the thread I had started a number of years ago when I was restoring the Super A ...

http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/photos/84042-any-day-now-any-day.html