Cup holder for the Grand L

/ Cup holder for the Grand L #1  

4shorts

Elite Member
Tractor
Kubota 5740,BX25D
Ya I know they come with two cup holders but did you ever try and use one? Not deep enough and you need to be doubled jointed to reach them. Yesterday I needed some "ME" time so I went out to the shop, turned on the tunes and gathered up some scrap aluminum I had kicking around and after some cutting, bending,machining and tig welding I got me a cup holder that actually works, comfortable to use and it's in the right place and fits the mug I'm using.

Oh. Have a look at the mug. It's a double cupper (holds to cups). The hot beverage will stay hot for over 2.5 hours in it and the best of all its spill proof. You can have this thing full of coffee and shake it to death and it won't spill. The wife and I use them in the car all the time. There's a button that opens a valve in the lid to let the beverage out. If you don't push the button your not getting a drink that's how good it is. If the placement of the holder looks a little out of level that's because it is. It's was the most comfortable position for removing and putting the mug back. Total cost. Just the price of the mug and a few hours work. Nothing fancy but works. Have a look.

Attachments

• pic1.jpg
    pic1.jpg
    103 KB · Views: 533
  • pic2.jpg
    pic2.jpg
    131 KB · Views: 547
  • pic3.jpg
    pic3.jpg
    51.4 KB · Views: 550
  • pic4.jpg
    pic4.jpg
    49.6 KB · Views: 528
  • pic5.jpg
    pic5.jpg
    139.5 KB · Views: 560
  • pic6.JPG
    pic6.JPG
    94.4 KB · Views: 672
  • pic7.JPG
    pic7.JPG
    159 KB · Views: 748
  • pic8.JPG
    pic8.JPG
    177.7 KB · Views: 993
  • pic9.JPG
    pic9.JPG
    109.7 KB · Views: 818
  • pic10.JPG
    pic10.JPG
    275.4 KB · Views: 915
Last edited:
   / Cup holder for the Grand L #2  
As has come to be expected, 4Shorts delivers the platinum standard of DIY. Very nice.

/ Cup holder for the Grand L #3  
I would not call that "nothing fancy". As soon as I saw the mounted picture I said that would be the perfect spot for a cup holder. Very nicely done!

/ Cup holder for the Grand L
As has come to be expected, 4Shorts delivers the platinum standard of DIY. Very nice.

I would not call that "nothing fancy". As soon as I saw the mounted picture I said that would be the perfect spot for a cup holder. Very nicely done!

Thanks guys. I almost didn't post it due to it's simplicity but thought it might give others an idea or two. I appreciate your kind words :thumbsup:

/ Cup holder for the Grand L #5  
We use the same coffee mugs, work great.

You work as always is awesome!

I'm gonna have to have a look at where I can mount a decent cup holder with winter coming on.... it is nice to have a hot cup of coffee when working in the cold..

We use the same coffee mugs, work great.

You work as always is awesome!

I'm gonna have to have a look at where I can mount a decent cup holder with winter coming on.... it is nice to have a hot cup of coffee when working in the cold..

Ya I think there the greatest invention since the wheel :laughing: Thanks for your comment on my work. Really appreciate it. :)

/ Cup holder for the Grand L #7  
What no coffee maker ? I think you are slacking Paul ! :laughing:
That is a nice job though:thumbsup:
I think my L5240 needs to come spend a week or two with you !

What no coffee maker ? I think you are slacking Paul ! :laughing:
That is a nice job though:thumbsup:
I think my L5240 needs to come spend a week or two with you !

: :laughing: No couldn't get the coffee maker. The wife got me on a budget and the coffee maker was the last option. to.

You come on over with your machine and we'll put it in yours and I promise to buy my coffee from you :laughing: Thank you my friend. Enjoyed the post :thumbsup:

/ Cup holder for the Grand L #10  
My biggest gripe about cup holders, is that they don't fit the cup. Not talking tractors specifically, but the tractor trailer I drive at work has two, next to each other and a regular ceramic coffee cup will NOT sit level in one of them because the handle hits. A taller newer style cup simply falls over due to the sides being too low and nothing else I have tried fits the larger sized opening.
Who are the engineers building stuff these days and why would they not make a cupholder that actually holds a cup?

I need to go out in the shop and play a little to make a cup holder for my deere, but realistically speaking, it's too much fun to just call the wife and ask her to bring me a cup of whatever out to where I am working. Really ticks her off!!!
David from jax