$25.00 Swivel seat

/ $25.00 Swivel seat #1  

jjmarotz

Gold Member
Tractor
JD 3720 cab
Should have taken better pics but this is too simple to do.

I had an old boat seat with a swivel base just sitting around so...... got to thinking how to adapt it to the JD seat.

First up was pull the seat out (4 bolts and the safety switch wire), unbolt the slide rails from the bottom of the seat. These holes will no longer be used.

Next you will need a 12.5"x12.5" 1/8" plate of steel. Match your slide rail bolt holes up on the plate and drill your holes (5/16" in my case). I did cut a 4" hole out of the center of the plate to match the hole in the swivel base and allow the safety switch to feed up thru there.

Mount the swivel base to the seat bottom with new holes drilled into the seat, (carefull to not damage the foam in the seat with the drill bit). Short 1/4" bolts and loctite works great.

Now mount the 1/8" plate assembly to the seat and drop er in place using the original mounting bolts and location that the rails were bolted to. And bingo.... swivel seat.

It does raise the seat up by 1.5" in overall height but I like it this way as I kinda bottom out the seat and a bit extra height isn't all bad to see the loader better. I may take the seat back out to get better pics if needed.

Here is a link to the similar swivel I used. eBay My World - boatstoreusa

Attachments

• IMG_1243.jpg
    IMG_1243.jpg
    265 KB · Views: 754
  • IMG_1244.jpg
    IMG_1244.jpg
    231.8 KB · Views: 494
  • IMG_1246.jpg
    IMG_1246.jpg
    255.8 KB · Views: 535
  • IMG_1248.jpg
    IMG_1248.jpg
    294.5 KB · Views: 768
   / $25.00 Swivel seat #3  
Nice work! I just may make a shameless copy for snow plowing with the rear blade this winter.

/ $25.00 Swivel seat #4  
I know its been a while, but how did that swivel seat hold up? I'm thinking about building something similar for my compact john deere. Did you build anything to lock it from swiveling?