ROPS for International 574

/ ROPS for International 574 #1  

Billbob

Tractor
International 574
I recently purchased an IH 574 but would like Roll Over Protection. I am aware of Hurcules but at $985? Has anyone fitted a ROPS on a 574? What options do I have? Thanks in advance!

/ ROPS for International 574 #2  
You are either going to spend $985 or more for new, or search the boneyards for a used ROPS that will probably run $500 or more. I have never priced out an aftermarket ROPS for a tractor that size under $1000.
Some states have reimbursement programs that offer some cost sharing, but as you joined anonymously, I can't help in that regard.
Sometimes to get the best info you have to give some up.

/ ROPS for International 574
Rick:

Thanks for the response. I live in KY near Lexington. I'll check that "reinbursement" suggestion. I was also thinking of using a local welder to fabricate the piece.

/ ROPS for International 574 #5  
The original from IH for that model was a four post.

Thank you one and all. I have decided to fabricate a ROPS here at the farm. I will cut openings in the fenders through which the posts will pass and bolt to the axle housing. The fuel tank on this model is integrated into the fenders thus necessitating the opening.

/ ROPS for International 574 #8  
Have you checked with your Case/IH dealer? OEM's sell the roll over bars typically at their cost as it reduces their liability.

GE

I have checked and they tell me that the ROPS for the 574 is not available anymore. I saw a 684 with a ROPS that consisted of a one inch thick piece of steel approximately 6 inches wide that was right-angled to bolt to the axle housing and remained flush with the inside of the fender to the top where it was drilled through to accommodate the overhead piece of like material. A canopy was affixed to the overhead piece.

Bill