Power Steering for L245DT

/ Power Steering for L245DT
Cobra tom, Sure can post more photos for you . Do you need anything special? I will be able to post them tomorrow as we are having company in a short while.

/ Power Steering for L245DT #12  
Just the mount on the loader, and the angle/position of the steering cylinder

CobraTom, Took some pictures today you can see the cyl and spool valve. I'm waiting for a new valve before I make the last part. Make sure that the ram and the steering arm are in alinement . if not the cyl will roll too much and damage the unit. On my last pictures I posted I had a bend in the steering shaft which caused a problem. Good Luck:thumbsup:

Attachments

• Tractor 005.jpg
    Tractor 005.jpg
    125.3 KB · Views: 1,143
  • Tractor 001.jpg
    Tractor 001.jpg
    151.5 KB · Views: 1,616
  • Tractor 002.jpg
    Tractor 002.jpg
    122.9 KB · Views: 674
  • Tractor 003.jpg
    Tractor 003.jpg
    121.1 KB · Views: 799
  • Tractor 004.jpg
    Tractor 004.jpg
    133.6 KB · Views: 1,784
UPDATE!! This job is finely completed. I posted two photos. May touch up job with some ties for the hoses.Ect. The replacement part came in and after replacing it it would not work. After talking to tractor power ( Vern) we discovered that the first valve I was sent was not set up correctly on their end,after a few changes it is operating like a factory unit. The tractor now feels and like a different tractor.If anyone has a question I will try to answer it.:thumbsup:

Attachments

• Completed side view 11-11-11.jpg
    Completed side view 11-11-11.jpg
    121.7 KB · Views: 1,457
  • Copleted top View 11-11-11.jpg
    Copleted top View 11-11-11.jpg
    114.4 KB · Views: 1,639
   / Power Steering for L245DT #15  
I'm glad there was no permanent damage to your tractor. The first test for one of these units should be after you've plumbed the hydraulics before you hook up the rod to the original steering box. You should bump the valve by hand and make sure if you push in the cylinder body moves away, and if you pull out it comes to you. As you found, plumbed backwards it'll immediately run away and cause damage.

/ Power Steering for L245DT #16  
I just finished install on mine on my L2000 (Gray Market L225). Mine is 2WD with a 1200HD loader and is impossible to turn with a load on the loader.

Went to the local scrap yard that had a 245DT, and it just so happens it had a power steering cylinder on it. So after welding up a bracket, it's on my machine and running well. I will post pictures soon!

I am just kind of surprised your loader frame/bracket only attaches on the bottom bolt, and not on the top (of the bellhousing). Mine leads all the way to the top. What model loader do you have?

/ Power Steering for L245DT #17  
UPDATE!! This job is finely completed. I posted two photos. May touch up job with some ties for the hoses.Ect. The replacement part came in and after replacing it it would not work. After talking to tractor power ( Vern) we discovered that the first valve I was sent was not set up correctly on their end,after a few changes it is operating like a factory unit. The tractor now feels and like a different tractor.If anyone has a question I will try to answer it.:thumbsup:

Nice job, welcome to the power steering crowd. I used to work with Larry, the guy who made the P/S in 90 mins post. We bought our parts at the same time. This will certainly save wear and tear on our old steering boxes. Be careful though, Larry broke the steering arm (I forget the real name) on the front axle by turning the wheel back and forth while the tractor was stuck. He couldn't locate another so had to weld it up.

Hello, I do not know what loader I have. How could I tell? I will look it over and try to find out. I should know in case I need parts.I seen the power steering in 90 min.and followed his lead. My wife said mine took 90 days! I got the parts in June but I had a knee replaced and that slowed me up a bit.Also I did try the unit out the second time with it off the tractor. Thanks to all the people on TBN
I now have power steering. Ok, What my next project!!

/ Power Steering for L245DT #19  
Fbson , if your tractor is like my L245DT the loader is a swhartz model 1200. Back then the tractors came to the US without loaders. Probably because of shipping and taxes. I've got a book for the loader but the kubota dealers I've talked to don't list anything for it. I have a crack on a lift cylinder and couldn't find a replacement so I had to go aftermarket. Good luck. I love the power steering by the way. Great job.

Thanks, And thanks for the information on the loader.I believe you are correct that the loader is after market. I used the tractor today and the steering sure makes a difference.:thumbsup: