Power Steering for L245DT

/ Power Steering for L245DT #21  
UPDATE!! This job is finely completed. I posted two photos. May touch up job with some ties for the hoses.Ect. The replacement part came in and after replacing it it would not work. After talking to tractor power ( Vern) we discovered that the first valve I was sent was not set up correctly on their end,after a few changes it is operating like a factory unit. The tractor now feels and like a different tractor.If anyone has a question I will try to answer it.:thumbsup:

Hello,
I have a L245DT and I want to install power steering. I really like the looks of this unit. Please give me your opinion on this unit now that you have had it for a while. Does the unit work like you expected? Would you do this again?
Any information would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,
Kenan

/ Power Steering for L245DT
Kenan, YES! I would install this unit again. It works great and feels like factory. It is easy to install just a small amount of welding and fabrication.The tractor acts like a different tractor, turns so easy. The only short fall is that my 3pt is slow to raise and I need to increase the RPM's a little. It may help to get a better adjustable priority valve. Even with the slow raising I would still install it.
Good Luck,
Bill

/ Power Steering for L245DT #23  
Bill,
I also have a front end loader. Do you think that will be a problem?
What is the adjustable priority valve?
Where can I buy an adjustable priority valve?
I am convinced. I am going to do this if the FEL does not overload the pump. I assume the FEL will be slower also.

Thank you again for your input. I means a lot to talk to someone that has experience.
Best regards,
Kenan

/ Power Steering for L245DT #24  
Kenan, where does the loader get it's hydraulic pressure from? All the units I have seen get it off a pump on the front of the tractor. The 3ph gets it's pressure off the motor's pump I think so a different pump.

Kenan, What KubotaNH said is right on. My tractor has a pump on the front of the motor and the 3pt works off a pump on the side of the motor. Their are two separate systems. If you purchase the power steering from the place I did you can ask about the priority valve. The one I was sent only has a small amount of adjustment surplus city has one that can be better adjusted. Rick should know about it. If you have trouble let me know and I will get the info for you.
Best of Luck
Bill

/ Power Steering for L245DT #26  
KubotainNH and Bill,
My FEL gets its hydraulics off the 3PH. The FEL is plumed into the block under the left side of the seat.
I do not know anything about a pump on the front of the motor.
I would like to seperate the 3PH from the FEL.
HOW DO I DO THAT OR WHERE DO I BUY THE PUMP FOR THE FRONT OF THE MOTOR?
Can anyone send a picture - e-mail is kbible@biblesmachining.com

I really appreciate your guys input.
Thank you again,
Kenan

Kenan, I will take some pictures of my tractor and send them to you
ASAP. Since we both have a L245DT it should help.
Bill

/ Power Steering for L245DT #28  
   / Power Steering for L245DT #29  
NH,
Thank you for the information. I am considering a car type pump also. I am also looking at adding a pump to the shaft on the front of the motor. The main thing is I WANT THIS PS!
Thanks to everyone that has posted their PS experiences.

Kenan

/ Power Steering for L245DT #30  
Cool. The ones I've seen using a car pump remove the idler and put the pump in place of it.