Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Silver Member
    Tractor
    kubota L245DT Craftsman YS4500

Default Power Steering for L245DT

Hello to all, Well, It's been a few months since I received all the parts to install Power steering. All the parts are in and now I have no Hydraulic pressure. Now I have to wait for a new pump from a guy on ebay. I seen the thread power steering in 90 min and that is what Im doing.Here are a few pictures. Will add more as the project goes along.Hope to get this job completed before the snow shows up.

Tractor
    Kubota L245DT

Can't wait to see your progress. I also have that tractor and would love to add power steering

Silver Member
    Tractor

Default Re: Power Steering for L245DT

EBUX, I will keep posting as I go alone. The kit can be purchased at www.powersteering.com .All is completed but my pump is worn out. As soon as I receive that I hope it will work. If you have any questions I will be more than happy to do by best to answer them.

Silver Member
    Tractor

Her are some more photos with all in place. The oil return was put into the transmission and the priority valve was mounted on the fender. The oil pressure was taken from the 3 pt system. Just need to replace the oil pump and hope it all works.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -oil-return-jpg   -power-steering-1-jpg   -priority-valve-jpg  

Tractor
    Ford 1900 FWD Kubota F2100E

If your TPH worked before you added the power steering the pump isn't the problem. I would be looking at the priority valve or your plumbing.
    Bill

Tractor
    Kubota L245DT

I also have that tractor and would love power steering. How much time to do the job ? Also how much did that kit cost?

Unfortunately I see no references to tractors at the link provided to Power Steering Services - Rebuild or exchange, lifetime warranty, competitive pricing, personalized service, 12:1 quick ratio conversions

Tractor
    Kubota L245DT

Oops I didn't mean to make that page link above, it just kinda happened when I referred to power steering.com

Silver Member
    Tractor

Hi, When I purchased the tractor the pump was bad. I took it apart and sanded down the scores and it work but not well. I'm quite sure it is plumbed correctly. ( But I have been wrong before). The 3 pt will not work even without the power steering hooked up.AS for the web site that's not what I put in and I'm not sure how it got changed? The name and place is as follows,
    TRACTOR POWER STEERING
    P.O. BOX 536
    Hartford SD< 57033
    Phone 605-359-1142
    The unit cost about $600 included all but the hoses which cost another $125.

Silver Member
    Tractor

UPDATE, Received the new pump and installed it and tried to operate the steering. The priority valve worked only the lines were backwards to the ram and it steered backwards. Just had to reverse the lines. Now, Murphy was on the job and the steering went all the way left to all the way right and I was not able to stop it.This caused the shaft to break off of the spool valve. I called Vern at the Power steering place and explained what had happen. Seems that the unit needed to be more in alinement. Unfortunately their installation sheet does not say anything about this in fact very little about anything.Vern is sending a new part out to me at no charge.I have made the changes necessary and now await this part to try again. This time I will not allow Murphy near the job. Sure hope to have this completed before the snow hits.

Tractor
    Kubota L2000, Ferguson TEA-20, JD LA165

Any chance you can post a couple more pictures? I am interested, as I have one of these valves, the same loader and I am looking to put it on my 2wd L225

Thanks!

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast