JD 5101E Limited Buddy Seat

/ JD 5101E Limited Buddy Seat #1  

kbrand

Tractor
JD 5101E Limited
I just brought home a 2011 JD 5101E Limited tractor and I'm wondering if anyone has installed a buddy seat in this type / style of tractor. Thanks for any reply's!!

/ JD 5101E Limited Buddy Seat #2  
I have just bought a 5093e and have the exact same question, I posted earlier on the buying/pricing forum asking a few questions. I do not see why not and a dealer near Dallas indicated that they have installed one. We take delivery tomorrow and it is being brought up to the dealer we are buying from. I know that it would not be in at the time of delivery, but I have two young children who like to go in the tractor and the seat would be great to have.

/ JD 5101E Limited Buddy Seat #3  
I want to think that the issue on E series tractors is that the pto lever is in the way. Thought I had saw one installed as well, can't recall, but I thought they modified the lever.

Last edited:
   / JD 5101E Limited Buddy Seat #4  
I think it is the MFWD lever, but it looks like it would be down and out of the way. I am sure someone has done it.

/ JD 5101E Limited Buddy Seat #5  
I think it is the MFWD lever, but it looks like it would be down and out of the way. I am sure someone has done it.

I think you are right, I could not remember. Just recalled that there was an issue with a lever being in the way I might have been thinking of the 6xxxd series tractors.

/ JD 5101E Limited Buddy Seat #6  
I think you are right, I could not remember. Just recalled that there was an issue with a lever being in the way I might have been thinking of the 6xxxd series tractors.

6xxx series JDs have nothing on the left to interfear

/ JD 5101E Limited Buddy Seat #7  
Did anyone resolve this? I'm getting a 5093e and I'd like the buddy seat also.

/ JD 5101E Limited Buddy Seat #8  
They are nice tractors. I hope you can fit the seat satisfactorily.

/ JD 5101E Limited Buddy Seat #9  
Not that I know of, but I think it would fit. Looking in an M it does not seem as though the seat would interfere with the mfwd lever.