Case 530 Dash Board / Gauges

/ Case 530 Dash Board / Gauges #1  

nimblemotors

Silver Member
Tractor
Case 530 CK Sold, Ford Ranger DIY Project
The gauges on my Case 530 are not only not working, but they look so sad.
What should I do to make it look good?
I don't want to go overboard on this little sub-project, but something needs to be done, and just getting some round gauges to replace the stock bezel is not one of them.

What I'd like to do is keep the bezel and glass and make a new design / layout, and use some round gauges and dismantle them and use only their pointers layed into my visual scheme.
But another is to use digital LEDs or possible bargraphs, maybe LCDs.

What is your opinion?

a53511.jpg

a53512.jpg

/ Case 530 Dash Board / Gauges #2  
Here's a place parting out a few 530's, and the gauge cluster is listed at $85.00.

That's the route I would go, in the end you would spend alot more money on new gauges, and time fabbing up something to take the place of the old ones, then the time to hook them all up and make sure they work.

case 530

/ Case 530 Dash Board / Gauges
Here's a place parting out a few 530's, and the gauge cluster is listed at $85.00.

That's the route I would go, in the end you would spend alot more money on new gauges, and time fabbing up something to take the place of the old ones, then the time to hook them all up and make sure they work.

case 530

Thanks for that link! might come in handy for other stuff.

/ Case 530 Dash Board / Gauges
THAT is a thing of beauty. Love it! Updated yet classic looks. Can I send you the dash from my '64 Chevy truck? :-D

Thanks! It was a lot more work than I thought it would be.
But now that I've worked out all the details on using the micros and LCDs to make gauges, the next one will be a lot easier, so sure send me your dash to update. :)

/ Case 530 Dash Board / Gauges #7  
Here is the redone dash:

a55679.jpg

Merry Christmas! I know this is an old thread but I was just wondering if you had any info (materials, pics, schematics) on how you built your dash? I'm working on a '63 530C diesel and my dash looks worse than yours when you started. The way you went looks to be the only viable option. Short of just blanking off the dash and installing separate gauges for all the functions.
Thank you,
Bob

/ Case 530 Dash Board / Gauges #8  
Thanks! It was a lot more work than I thought it would be.
But now that I've worked out all the details on using the micros and LCDs to make gauges, the next one will be a lot easier, so sure send me your dash to update. :)

I am just starting to work on a 1962 Case 530...& the dash is toast...nothing works! Are you still reworking old dashes? What do you charge to redo the dash?

Thanks. Bob