Snow Plow Wings

/ Snow Plow Wings #1  

bubbacuse77

Platinum Member
Tractor
John Deere 3520, John Deere X749
Any body put wings on there snow plows? After market or homebuilt? I could use some pics and some advice as to if they are worth it. I've heard they can cause damage to the plow.

/ Snow Plow Wings #2  
I built a set for my Boss straight blade plow. I only plow around the farm but it has been a nice improvement. The biggest advantage for me was being able to wing the snow farther off the shoulder of the driveway. They also made it nicer for cleanup.

/ Snow Plow Wings #3  
I added a set of wings to my 60" blade over the summer but haven't had the opportuity to try them out yet. They are the PW22 model available at Northern Tool and added about a foot to each end. They are secured using brackets and pins so they can be removed (the wings but not the brackets) very easily. Search the "snow removal" forum for the thread, which has several photos of the installation.

/ Snow Plow Wings #4  
I added a set of wings to my 60" blade over the summer but haven't had the opportuity to try them out yet. They are the PW22 model available at Northern Tool and added about a foot to each end. They are secured using brackets and pins so they can be removed (the wings but not the brackets) very easily. Search the "snow removal" forum for the thread, which has several photos of the installation.

by wings do you mean a gate to convert the blade to a push? or simply to lengthen the actual blade??

/ Snow Plow Wings #5  
Here are a few photos. They both add length and help to keep the snow from trailing off the sides. Sort of halfway between a straight blade and a pusher.

Attachments

• DSC00451.JPG
    DSC00451.JPG
    290.6 KB · Views: 1,626
  • DSC00454.JPG
    DSC00454.JPG
    507.1 KB · Views: 1,181
  • DSC00455.JPG
    DSC00455.JPG
    285.5 KB · Views: 1,914
  • DSC00462.JPG
    DSC00462.JPG
    439.3 KB · Views: 2,895
   / Snow Plow Wings
Thanks for the pics, that is exactly what I was looking at. Have you used them for a winter yet?

/ Snow Plow Wings #7  
Unfortunately, no use yet. I almost used the plow after the Halloween storm (16") but I still had several jobs for the loader before I could put the plow on. Plus, my drive was (and still) not frozen so I would have made a mess of things.

/ Snow Plow Wings #8  
Those are Buyers Pro Wings. They are decent and available cheaper at places other than northern tool. They have a rubber cutting edge and if you catch something with the wing itself they will bend. But they are great for the money. You just have to treat them nicely. Biggest benefit with wings is the ability to carry snow.

/ Snow Plow Wings #9  
These came with the blade I purchased from quickattach. They fold back out of the way when not needed.

P1020331.jpg

P1020326.jpg

P1020329.jpg

/ Snow Plow Wings #10  
These came with the blade I purchased from quickattach. They fold back out of the way when not needed.

P1020331.jpg

P1020326.jpg

P1020329.jpg

hay...i have the same thing :)

so far im VERY impressed with the blade also.

Attachments

• plow 1.jpg
    plow 1.jpg
    283.7 KB · Views: 4,924
  • plow 2.jpg
    plow 2.jpg
    287.9 KB · Views: 1,479
  • plow hitch 1.jpg
    plow hitch 1.jpg
    250.1 KB · Views: 965