Tractor
    John Deere 3520, John Deere X749

Default Snow Plow Wings

Any body put wings on there snow plows? After market or homebuilt? I could use some pics and some advice as to if they are worth it. I've heard they can cause damage to the plow.

Tractor
    Oliver 77RC

Default Re: Snow Plow Wings

I built a set for my Boss straight blade plow. I only plow around the farm but it has been a nice improvement. The biggest advantage for me was being able to wing the snow farther off the shoulder of the driveway. They also made it nicer for cleanup.

Tractor
    Kubota B2710

I added a set of wings to my 60" blade over the summer but haven't had the opportuity to try them out yet. They are the PW22 model available at Northern Tool and added about a foot to each end. They are secured using brackets and pins so they can be removed (the wings but not the brackets) very easily. Search the "snow removal" forum for the thread, which has several photos of the installation.

2005 Kubota B-2710HST owner and small-time farmer...

Tractor
    Kioti DK45SE hst cab

Quote Originally Posted by sixgun View Post
    I added a set of wings to my 60" blade over the summer but haven't had the opportuity to try them out yet. They are the PW22 model available at Northern Tool and added about a foot to each end. They are secured using brackets and pins so they can be removed (the wings but not the brackets) very easily. Search the "snow removal" forum for the thread, which has several photos of the installation.
    by wings do you mean a gate to convert the blade to a push? or simply to lengthen the actual blade??
    currently own
    2011 Kioti DK45SE HST CAB tractor/loader, Jimna 6" - 3 point wood chipper, 60" JD Brush Hog, JD 60" Rototiller, 3 point post hole digger with hydraulic assist, 3 point spring tooth rake, Fimco 55 gallon weed sprayer with 12 foot boom, 3 point hydraulic wood splitter (home built)
    Quick Attach 79" loader mount snowblower & rear powerpack
    Quick Attach 84" Snow Blade
    Quick Attach 42" pallet forks

Tractor
    Kubota B2710

Here are a few photos. They both add length and help to keep the snow from trailing off the sides. Sort of halfway between a straight blade and a pusher.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Snow Plow Wings-dsc00451-jpg   Snow Plow Wings-dsc00454-jpg   Snow Plow Wings-dsc00455-jpg   Snow Plow Wings-dsc00462-jpg  

Tractor
    John Deere 3520, John Deere X749

Thanks for the pics, that is exactly what I was looking at. Have you used them for a winter yet?

Tractor
    Kubota B2710

Unfortunately, no use yet. I almost used the plow after the Halloween storm (16") but I still had several jobs for the loader before I could put the plow on. Plus, my drive was (and still) not frozen so I would have made a mess of things.

Silver Member

Those are Buyers Pro Wings. They are decent and available cheaper at places other than northern tool. They have a rubber cutting edge and if you catch something with the wing itself they will bend. But they are great for the money. You just have to treat them nicely. Biggest benefit with wings is the ability to carry snow.

Veteran Member
    Tractor
    Case DX45

These came with the blade I purchased from quickattach. They fold back out of the way when not needed.

Tractor
    Kioti DK45SE hst cab

Quote Originally Posted by jk96 View Post
    These came with the blade I purchased from quickattach. They fold back out of the way when not needed.

hay...i have the same thing

so far im VERY impressed with the blade also.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Snow Plow Wings-plow-1-jpg   Snow Plow Wings-plow-2-jpg   Snow Plow Wings-plow-hitch-1-jpg  
    currently own
    2011 Kioti DK45SE HST CAB tractor/loader, Jimna 6" - 3 point wood chipper, 60" JD Brush Hog, JD 60" Rototiller, 3 point post hole digger with hydraulic assist, 3 point spring tooth rake, Fimco 55 gallon weed sprayer with 12 foot boom, 3 point hydraulic wood splitter (home built)
    Quick Attach 79" loader mount snowblower & rear powerpack
    Quick Attach 84" Snow Blade
    Quick Attach 42" pallet forks