L2800 Grill Guard mesh protection added

/ L2800 Grill Guard mesh protection added #1  

teg

Tractor
s
Had a close call, branch poked through the plastic guard... it's just a matter of time with a grapple so I decided it was time to beef up the front guard. Had some scrap mesh around... photos should tell the story, except maybe the one with straps that was use to adjust the guard so I can line up the hole for the bolts...

/ L2800 Grill Guard mesh protection added #2  
Good job looks great.

/ L2800 Grill Guard mesh protection added #3  
You got me motivated think I'll get around to putting one on my L3400.
Nice work. :thumbsup:

Boone

/ L2800 Grill Guard mesh protection added #4  
It seems the tie rods are so exposed on the smaller L series that I can't fathom why something is not available to guard these as well beyond the little piddling guards Kubota has..

/ L2800 Grill Guard mesh protection added
It seems the tie rods are so exposed on the smaller L series that I can't fathom why something is not available to guard these as well beyond the little piddling guards Kubota has..
That's on the list to build :thumbsup: I've already bent one tie rod. There *was* a metal guard but my dealer removed it when he installed the FEL and Grill Guard... It wasn't much but at least it was something. He went out of business before I knew there was one that *should* have been there. #70 on the attachment...

Last edited:
   / L2800 Grill Guard mesh protection added #6  
This looks great! I was looking at doing something similar on my L2800. I was pushing brush into a pile with FEL and had a stick go through the lower plastic housing. It went between the battery bracket and the battery. It stopped about 1/2" shy of the radiator!

Great job!

/ L2800 Grill Guard mesh protection added #7  
Good project Teg, Looks great.

James K0UA

Thanks everyone!!! Hope it inspires and protects other plastic guards :laughing:

/ L2800 Grill Guard mesh protection added #9  
Thanks for posting. As others have previously stated, your project has given me inspiration to improve the protective capabilities of the grille guard on my L4400. :thumbsup:

I'll add a little more info... I used a wider piece of mesh and hammered down the sides. I was planning to weld that on for extra support but decided I didn't need to. I might end up just grinding off the excess. The lower part *was* also going to be hammered down but I'll leave it as is to see how it holds up.

That lower part is 2 different layers - that's where the last branch poked in. Wanted extra protection there but I'm worried it will collect leaves and grass. I am just a little worried about that... ;)

I also didn't want to cover up in front of the lights, beside I can see the branches that are up that high. Finally, the paint is from kubota ($$$) and I personally think it's better quality vs. what I have used from Agri-Supply.