Need help designing subframe for TC 48 New Holland for Backhoe Attachment

/ Need help designing subframe for TC 48 New Holland for Backhoe Attachment #1  

dumbarky

Tractor
TC 48 Newholland
I am trying to construct a subframe to attach my older model woods backhoe to my TC 48 New Holland tractor. The backhoe has the three point mounts on it but I don't like how it behaves on my tractor. Any help and or instruction, (pictures, illustrations, thoughts, ideas) appreciated. The backhoe I have I rebuild most of in the last year. I installed new pins and bushings in the swing, rebuilt all the cylinders except the outriggers all new hoses, and rebuilt the control lever linkages. I have spent more on the backhoe than I cared too, but I like things right. Now I am not happy with the behavior of the backhoe on my three point lift.

/ Need help designing subframe for TC 48 New Holland for Backhoe Attachment #2  
I am looking into doing the same thing. I found allot of great information here. Go to "Build it yourself" Then do a search for "backhoe subframes". There are some 20 different listings. Look for "How to Build Your Own Custom Backhoe Subframe". It has allot of great information on several types of subframes. I know it will help, I helped me.

/ Need help designing subframe for TC 48 New Holland for Backhoe Attachment
Thanks for the info I will look in the threads. I walked down to my backhoe and its a Woods T308. Its probably a 1976 model but its in really good shape (now), and its a heavy built attachment. I have had it on my tractor and it really digs, but its hard on my three point hitch. Someone added length to the outriggers which I will have to replace to the original setting.:confused: Not real sure why they did that mod.

/ Need help designing subframe for TC 48 New Holland for Backhoe Attachment #4  
I bought a JD 6'6" backhoe several years ago and it was an Arps underneath. It was set up to fit JD models but I changed it to fit under a 26 HP Kubota. So it was always a sub frame mount. I need to finish my design by making it powered by a seperate hydraulic pump driven off of the mid PTO.
I would suggest you look at what subframe designs you like and COPY it.

Craig Clayton

/ Need help designing subframe for TC 48 New Holland for Backhoe Attachment #5  
i've got a woods 7500 on my jd770. i bought it with the 3ph option, but now, 13+ years later i want to go to a subframe mount. i have seen them with the subframe, and on a fairly small tractor like mine, some of the subframes are incredibly low to the ground. i decided i wanted to make one that was more contoured to keep it up tighter to the tractor and improve ground clearance. i'm also going to consider making it a permanent attach subframe with a 4 point mount on the back of the tractor for the hoe. i know i'll still have to remove the 3ph arms to mount it, but maybe i can make it work without having to remove the subframe every time i take the hoe off.

i can't help specifically with your tractor, but what i'm going to do is build a mock-up out of boards and plywood to make it exactly how i want, then reproduce it in steel.

/ Need help designing subframe for TC 48 New Holland for Backhoe Attachment #6  
I've got my Woods backhoe up by the garage... do you want a picture of the subframe? I couldn't tell if you need pics or not. I've used them with the 3ph mount and the frame is much better - the 3ph tends to feel like its about to tear off (and I had a toplink pin shear off - yes, a 1" pin - while digging once, so it can happen).

Someone mentioned that they tend to hang low to the ground - absolutely true. The lack of clearance on mine is a bit of a problem sometimes.

/ Need help designing subframe for TC 48 New Holland for Backhoe Attachment #7  
dumbarky
Does your TC 48 New Holland have a loader on it ? Some of the BH sub frames I've used work in tandem with the loader mounts ( one attaches to the other ish)
Here is some pictures of a 4/5 point sub frame in which 1/2 of the sub frame stays permanetly mounted under the tractor the other 1/2 on the BH hope this helps ..?
Ak9

Attachments

• mont1017071934.jpg
    mont1017071934.jpg
    222.7 KB · Views: 354
  • mont1017071934a.jpg
    mont1017071934a.jpg
    231.8 KB · Views: 667
  • mont1017071934b.jpg
    mont1017071934b.jpg
    204.8 KB · Views: 378
   / Need help designing subframe for TC 48 New Holland for Backhoe Attachment
Yes my TC 48 Has the 18LA Loader from New Holland on it. I would like to incorporate the subframe for the loader into the subframe for the backhoe and be able to leave subframe on tractor even when not using BH.

/ Need help designing subframe for TC 48 New Holland for Backhoe Attachment #9  
I don't want to be a nervous Nellie, but I'd buy one that fits. The risk to the tractor main frame is just to great. The hoe's hydraulics create a tremendous about of torque and pressure. A four point mount is very complex. I have one one on my 3040 and I would not want to re-create it. I converted my Woods 7500 from a frame mount hoe to a 4 point mount and would not want to do it from scratch. Keep in mind, I'm a guy that's not afraid to build anything. Good luck.