John Deere 6x4 Gator Stack Exhaust

/ John Deere 6x4 Gator Stack Exhaust #1  

ededic

Gold Member
Tractor
John Deere 2210, John Deere 6x4 Gator
Customized the exhaust of a 6x4 John Deere Gator to stacks in stead of out the back. Got tired of exhaust billowing into every crevice of the cab while backing up, plowing snow. Sounds like it has a 350 Chevy under the box. Thanks to a great neighbor with awesome welding skills, could not have done it without him. He built an exhaust manifold to connect to the 2 1/4inch exhaust pipe and created the Y for the split just before entering the cab.
IMG_0615.jpg IMG_0616.jpg IMG_0624.jpg

Here is the result. Make a grown man giggle. - YouTube

/ John Deere 6x4 Gator Stack Exhaust #2  
You're as mad as I am, thats brilliant:D

/ John Deere 6x4 Gator Stack Exhaust #4  
That gator ought to be pulling a couple G's with the way it sounds!:laughing:

/ John Deere 6x4 Gator Stack Exhaust
Thanks all. We have since baffled the pipes because it was a little too loud for the neighborhood.

/ John Deere 6x4 Gator Stack Exhaust
creekbend said:
Did you have to adjust the carburetor or choke? BTW, :thumbsup:

Thanks for looking...

No, have not done any adjustments. I do have come up with way to drain the condensation. Lots of condensation in the exhaust that cannot drip out the back any longer. Thinking of drilling a hole, welding on a nut and putting a bolt in the lowest point for draining it periodically.

Ed

/ John Deere 6x4 Gator Stack Exhaust #8  
Are you going to put some kind of heat shield on the stacks to prevent getting burned when getting in and out?

/ John Deere 6x4 Gator Stack Exhaust #9  
I CANNOT let my 12 yr old see this. Otherwise my Ranger would have stacks!! :cool::cool: