ROPS Chain Saw Holder / Tool Box

/ ROPS Chain Saw Holder / Tool Box #1  

yoder

Bronze Member
Tractor
NH TC 30
Finally , I can carry my chain saw and it not be in the way. I use to put it in the bucket when bush hogging, but somtimes I would forget it is in there and that is not good when you decide to push something. I got luckly and dumped it out a few times with no harm.

The tool box I found on Ebay already painted. I got a peice of angle iron to go across the bottom of the rops to mount it on. I like modifying things to fit my needs. I just need more (Round to its) to get it all done.

Attachments

• IMG_0521 (800x600).jpg
    IMG_0521 (800x600).jpg
    193.1 KB · Views: 1,977
  • IMG_0522 (800x600).jpg
    IMG_0522 (800x600).jpg
    127.4 KB · Views: 2,348
  • IMG_0524 (800x600).jpg
    IMG_0524 (800x600).jpg
    131.3 KB · Views: 1,376
  • IMG_0520 (600x800).jpg
    IMG_0520 (600x800).jpg
    188.4 KB · Views: 2,789
   / ROPS Chain Saw Holder / Tool Box #2  
Nice looking modification. May I make one suggestion? Have you considered adding some cushioning to keep your chain from rubbing on your bar bracket? I can picture that chain smacking against that bracket with every movement of the tractor. Maybe slit some garden hose and slide over - secured with electrical tape (I am sure you can design something better than this but it was the first thing that came to mind)

I like the location of the tool box. Nice job!

Dean

/ ROPS Chain Saw Holder / Tool Box #5  
Looks really good.

/ ROPS Chain Saw Holder / Tool Box #6  
Creative setup, but you are going to beat he77 out of your chain that way. Put some wood or plastic or something in that space where the chain/bar is near the lower crossbar of the ROPS. A dull chain is a sad thing.

/ ROPS Chain Saw Holder / Tool Box
Ok a couple of you have made a good point.

I will add somthing for the Chain. I hate a dull chain too. I already have a idea. I think I will take the bracket back off and slide some 1/2 inch fuel line around it. I guess you can tell I am not a welder. I have thought about it a few times though.

Thanks for the ideas and commets.

I am planning a Pistol Mount next. When I get a Round to it.

/ ROPS Chain Saw Holder / Tool Box #8  
Looks really good, Randy!!

I reckon you're not hurting for illumination with all those work lights!

/ ROPS Chain Saw Holder / Tool Box #9  
LOVE it! Good work.

I have the exact same problem (with the exact same results in trying to carry the saw in the bucket.) I finally was able to find a "soft" tool box which I can fit behind the seat but I really need to find a way to carry a saw in my cabbed tractor. Any ideas?

/ ROPS Chain Saw Holder / Tool Box #10  
Yea.. handy but I too think you need something to stop bounce and rattle... maybe a quick clamp on the bar??? or a wedge where the bar slides in??