ROPS LED Work Lights

/ ROPS LED Work Lights #11  
I also made 2 brackets for auxiliry lighting this last weekend, it's posted under buildit yourself section. just got them finished and waiting for the paint to dry. but here, are the pic's. I just don't believe in drilling on the rops

Attachments

• bracket-1.jpg
    bracket-1.jpg
    477.1 KB · Views: 428
  • bracket-2.jpg
    bracket-2.jpg
    531.3 KB · Views: 410
  • bracket-3.jpg
    bracket-3.jpg
    951.3 KB · Views: 749
  • bracket-5.jpg
    bracket-5.jpg
    939.2 KB · Views: 700
   / ROPS LED Work Lights #12  
These are just the mock up's they look a little differnt after rounding off the corners and painting. They are made from 2 X 5 angle iron stock, for $7 bucks from the welding supply they where cut to 6" for the square u-bolt hangers.
Hope this helps anyone that needs something like this. Also the lights have the built in switch ordered from Napa auto parts. $20 each
david

/ ROPS LED Work Lights #13  
Skeeters dont see LED light.. so they are not attracted.. or so ive heard..

Dang I didn't even consider the Bug factor!

We don't get much real winter down here, We even get them pterodactyl skeeters that escape from LA swamps from time to time.

DS

/ ROPS LED Work Lights #14  
After seeing this post, on led's and bugs not seeing them, I looked it up and found that because led's don't give off ultra violet light bugs aren't attracted to them, you learn something new every day.
thanks david

/ ROPS LED Work Lights #15  
Bugs not being attracted to LED lights is a good thing. We use LED head lamps now when were walking back to camp hunting in the fall.

I like the look of "the6shooter"s bracket. I don't won't drill into my ROPS, not that it will ever matter but just don't like the thought. I am going to cut some 4"x3" angle and paint it. Put one on both side of the ROPS and should make a good bracket.

Now I just need to pick out the lights. Did you guys wire yours into your existing light switch or put an accessory switch in?

/ ROPS LED Work Lights #16  
Only problem with the LED's in snow country is since they do not generate any heat, they do not "clean" themselves. As the snow blows and sticks to them, it doesn't melt and diminishes the amount of light they give. The halogen delivers heat to melt the snow and keep themselves clean.

/ ROPS LED Work Lights
If you go LED lights, they are always in transition. A couple years ago, the 18W 6 LED [ most all these use the CREE 3w LED chip in multiples] lamps were sold for top dollar. Then the 27w 9 LED units came out and the 18W's dropped in price. Now they are selling 35w 12 LED units..and the 27W's are dropping. I hooked mine into the old 'Plow' light wiring and switch on my Mahindra, and deleted the 55wat hallogen that was on the rear. Probably a better setup would be to have both the front and rear lamps on separate switchs.
I am going to use my lamps for area lighting. Each lamp is pointed out about 30 degrees from the centerline to light up everything around the tractor. I also bought the 'flood' type instead of the spot type.

/ ROPS LED Work Lights #18  
Only problem with the LED's in snow country is since they do not generate any heat, they do not "clean" themselves. As the snow blows and sticks to them, it doesn't melt and diminishes the amount of light they give. The halogen delivers heat to melt the snow and keep themselves clean.

LED tail lights for trucks has been the single worst invention since democrats, just for that reason.

/ ROPS LED Work Lights #19  
I made and bolted two aluminum bars to the ROPS using 1/4-20 SS bolts,
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I would check the SS hardware that is in contact with the aluminum. SS and aluminum do not always get along well together.

/ ROPS LED Work Lights #20  
I made and bolted two aluminum bars to the ROPS using 1/4-20 SS bolts,
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I would check the SS hardware that is in contact with the aluminum. SS and aluminum do not always get along well together.

No dissimilar metals play well together. Galvanic reaction occurs. Just throw some anti-size compound in there and never worry again.