Changing cat 1 to cat 2 on kubota L4200

/ Changing cat 1 to cat 2 on kubota L4200 #1  

stevens311

Tractor
l4200
I have a Kubota L4200. I was wanting to change from cat 1 to cat 2 so I can use all my implements I have here on the farm. Is there a kit offered by Kubota od someone else that could be done?thanks for your help.

/ Changing cat 1 to cat 2 on kubota L4200 #2  
Would just changing the pins on your cat 2 equipment down to cat 1 be simpler and cheaper?

/ Changing cat 1 to cat 2 on kubota L4200 #3  
As far as the lift arms, I have seen the weld on ball/socket ends at different tractor supply houses (Agri-Supply, Attwoods, TSC)that you could cut off your Cat 1 and weld on Cat 2. As for the 3rd arm, just buy Cat 2 and swap them. Should be just a swap assuming you have clearance at the tractor for the larger ball end. Might have to grind it down a bit for clearance. Sounds like maybe a two hour welding job at most. By having the Cat 2 balls on the arm, just buy some sleeves and you can still hook it up to the cat 1 pin. Just grease the sleeves good before putting them in otherwise you may have to cut them out with a torch after they corrode up (dont ask me how I know this)

/ Changing cat 1 to cat 2 on kubota L4200 #4  
Least work would be to change the pins to cat 1 that you wish to use on both sizes and just use a bushing on your cat 2 tractors.

I'd be watching for the cat 2 hitches that do have the cat 2 width as well as the pins! They might not work or just barely.

/ Changing cat 1 to cat 2 on kubota L4200 #5  
I just welded some cat 2 directly to the cat one arms so i could use the emplements without pulling parts on and off durring the day. its worked good for years.

Attachments

• 050.jpg
    050.jpg
    434.1 KB · Views: 299
   / Changing cat 1 to cat 2 on kubota L4200 #6  
Just a thought, is there enough room between the tires for the wider cat 2 stuff. I know my Kubota is very narrow in the back.