Tractor canopy for bush work

/ Tractor canopy for bush work #1  

delgra

Bronze Member
Tractor
Kioti NX4510hst
Looking for advice on constructing a safety canopy on my CK35hst. Have a crusher screen for a roof and would like to see what you folks have made. Thinking of welding 2 bars/tubes from rop to cross bar in front of instrument panel and adding the crusher screen to the top. Would need some kind of detach system to lower the rops, maybe at the cross bar and have a solid connection at the rops.
Thanks
Bob

/ Tractor canopy for bush work #2  
You may want sweeps if the bush is large. There is a thread about one TBN'er who made some sweeps for his tractor.

/ Tractor canopy for bush work #3  
did you ever get it built?

/ Tractor canopy for bush work #4  
I used a golf cart top. It fits nice but I have a small tractor.

Attachments

• 100_2623.jpg
    100_2623.jpg
    938.8 KB · Views: 688
   / Tractor canopy for bush work #5  
Good thought! it looks nice like that!

/ Tractor canopy for bush work
I never got around to it, but on second thought branches and stuff incl rain would get through the mesh. Golf cart idea sounds good, but not strong enough. Maybe a car hood?

/ Tractor canopy for bush work #7  
The canopy on the PT line is all metal. 1/4". I have had an 8" limb fall square on with just a slight ding. Boy was I happy it was there.

The canopy is a simple affair, a sheet of metal bent on the drivers and passenger side then edges smoothed. Trust me, you know when you it it with your head. First couple of weeks of owning I should have had a helmet.