Converting regular loader to self-leveling loader

/ Converting regular loader to self-leveling loader #1  

markie61

Veteran Member
Tractor
2019 Rural King RK55HC with Loader & Backhoe; 2001 New Holland TC40D with Loader
There is only one regret about selecting my New Holland TC40D w/ 16LA loader - that it doesn't have a self-leveling loader. IMHO, that is where the Kioti DK45 & DK50 have it all over the competition with loaders: the available 1590 loader is self-leveling.

Has anyone converted their loader to self-leveling from regular, New Holland or any other brand?

Mark

For those of you who don't know what self-leveling means (I didn't until 5 months ago...) - the bucket retains its relative position regardless of the movement of the loader arms (i.e., if the bottom of the bucket is parallel to the ground, it remains parallel to the ground regardless of how high you lift the loader.)

/ Converting regular loader to self-leveling loader #2  
I saw an L-48 kubota at a dealer. The salesman said it uses a hyd. self leveling valve made by Eaton. The valve is located near the loader control valve and is strictly hyd., no mechanical linkage required. eaton.com click on Our products then look for hydraulic mobile leveling valves. Having a few hoses fabricated would be a lot easier than the mechanical route. Hope this helps.

/ Converting regular loader to self-leveling loader
I'll check 'em out!
Thanks!
Mark

/ Converting regular loader to self-leveling loader #4  
Mark, I could see how a self-leveling system would be great while I had my pallet forks or personnel lift on but what is the major benefit while a bucket is on the loader?

/ Converting regular loader to self-leveling loader
Definitely the pallet forks (which I use more than the bucket).
But also for grading and snow removal (where you are keeping the bucket full) it would be nice. It returns to the same relative position.

/ Converting regular loader to self-leveling loader #6  
   / Converting regular loader to self-leveling loader #7  
Somebody install one of these things. I am very interested to hear how it works out. I think this would be quite the ticket for my forklift. It's a pain to do the leveling by hand. Not to bad for me, I have the touch. But when using the forklift as a man lift, I am usually in the lift, and others do NOT have the touch. Can make for an exciting ride.

Nick

/ Converting regular loader to self-leveling loader #8  
Do You have any pictures of your man lift? What are the dimensions? What is it made of and how big is your tractor. I just bought a Kubota 3430 and was thinking of making a man lift for mine.

/ Converting regular loader to self-leveling loader #9  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( Somebody install one of these things. I am very interested to hear how it works out. )</font>

I was hoping markie61, who started this thread, was going to buy one and be the test monkey but I just read where he bought a new landscape rake today. I hope he has some more money left for this project.

/ Converting regular loader to self-leveling loader #10  
The self leveling feature came with my Cat 216 skid steer. When I was first learning the contols I used the self leveling constantly while loading. You just don't have to think about as many things because the self loader is taking care of half the process. But after a couple of hundred hours behind those controls I no longer have to think about what the bucket is doing. For me it like typing my hands just do it automatically. So now I never use the leveler except when I'm using the forklift. Its great for the forklift or man lift.

One other thing on the skid steer is that it doesn't auto level on the way down. I'm not sure if other systems do or not.

Eric