On board air for farm truck

/ On board air for farm truck #61  
I use a small emglow for the past 25 years... it runs on the 1500w inverter I have in my service van... the unit is light and doesn't take much room and I have it piped to the front and rear of my truck...

It is my back-up compressor and I have worked all day with it running my senco underlayment stapler...

Having 120 ac has been a great addition...

/ On board air for farm truck #62  
sorry for hijacking your thread builder, but Nicb7800 I would like to know how to set up the York air compressor for my 88 Chevy, I think I can do all the mounting just fine but I'd like to know how you set up
yours. And would this run air tools and such? Thanks and again sorry about the thread.

/ On board air for farm truck #63  
Here is a 12V compressor similar to that used on civilian Hummers and military HUMVEEs for their CTIS system. It is made by Thomas who made the compressors for AMG (HUMVEE/Hummer manufacturer).

THOMAS Piston Air Compressor, 12 VDC, 2.2 CFM - Piston Air Compressor-Vacuum Pump - 2KFU8|270025 - Grainger Industrial Supply

Compressor worked well on my Hummer, but it took a few minutes to pump up those four tires from 10PSI to 32 for running on the road. But you could do so while rolling as the compressor is controlled from the dash with a switch and selector valve to direct air to either the front, rear, or both axles while under way. A solenoid valve allowed from airing down when needed for running in sand, etc.

It would work to maintain pressure in a tank to power an air horn, but it doesn't have the cfm to power a tool. The price is just crazy though so it would be out of consideration unless you found a surplus one from a humvee for sale.

/ On board air for farm truck #64  
Here is a 12V compressor similar to that used on civilian Hummers and military HUMVEEs for their CTIS system. It is made by Thomas who made the compressors for AMG (HUMVEE/Hummer manufacturer).

THOMAS Piston Air Compressor, 12 VDC, 2.2 CFM - Piston Air Compressor-Vacuum Pump - 2KFU8|270025 - Grainger Industrial Supply

Compressor worked well on my Hummer, but it took a few minutes to pump up those four tires from 10PSI to 32 for running on the road. But you could do so while rolling as the compressor is controlled from the dash with a switch and selector valve to direct air to either the front, rear, or both axles while under way. A solenoid valve allowed from airing down when needed for running in sand, etc.

It would work to maintain pressure in a tank to power an air horn, but it doesn't have the cfm to power a tool. The price is just crazy though so it would be out of consideration unless you found a surplus one from a humvee for sale.

I have a similar 120v Thomas in my truck powered by a convertor... so far it has been trouble free and I have used it a couple of time to power an underlayment stapler in a pinch... I added a little capacity by adding a small tank.

I think I paid over $300 for my Thomas in 1990