Kens Bucket hooks Price worth it?

/ Kens Bucket hooks Price worth it? #41  
It isn't like your lifting or pulling 20,000 plus # with bucket hooks. Most tractors 50 hp and down don't require an elaborate device to mount a bucket hook. If one does not weld or repair his own equipment .... than a drill and bolts are the best choice. Personally a mig welder, bandsaw, and acetlyn torch are my favorite tools. I would not pay anyone to have this "fun" in my place. I would venture to say there are people that bought bucket hooks that have never used them and bought just out of peer pressure.
As they say..." whatever floats your boat ". Freedom to spend money on anything you desire is a reward for past hard work. I wouldn't knock the guy if he makes a few bucks welding hooks. Sounds like he has a following.

/ Kens Bucket hooks Price worth it? #42  
I just bought a couple of bolt on hooks from Harbor freight. They are clevis style and they bolt on. They work just fine. Cost was about $16. Took about 10 min to put on. I think I am going to add a 2" to the center of the bucket. It has to be handy.

/ Kens Bucket hooks Price worth it? #43  
Waiting for my 1026R to arrive and know I will need hooks on the bucket quite fast. I have no experience of ever dealing with front end loaders nor the proper hooks to be applied to one. Everyone on the forums seem to order Kens Hooks. $50 a pair and 8 bolts? Is there something that really sets these apart than any other bolt on hook? The grade of steel? Custom shape compared to others? Just seem pricey and I am sure there is a reason. Just figured someone could tell me a bit about them and maybe a horror story on why I shouldn't by an other type of hook other then Kens. I'm all about doing it right so Kens it is if there is a reason they are better.

Don't know if they are better but I have them (Ken's) on my bucket with no regrets. :)

/ Kens Bucket hooks Price worth it? #44  
I reinforced my 5' bucket grinded flat the bottom sides of hooks and welded them on
bucketonmachine1-1.jpg

bucketonmachine7.jpg

/ Kens Bucket hooks Price worth it? #45  
not sure what type of hook they are called. that are welded on the 555C ford TLB front loader bucket.

they allow for different sized chains to be just slid right into them, and it grabs the chain nice and good.

the backhoe bucket on other hand, just has a generic hook on the back side near bottom of it. and it is a pain in the rear. having to pull the chain back over the hook, and re-hook chain back to itself.

i mean i can not live without the hooks, but man do i love the 2 hooks on the FEL. that accepts mutli different sized chains, and locks the chain right in place. without having to adjust anything.

/ Kens Bucket hooks Price worth it? #46  
Waiting for my 1026R to arrive and know I will need hooks on the bucket quite fast. I have no experience of ever dealing with front end loaders nor the proper hooks to be applied to one. Everyone on the forums seem to order Kens Hooks. $50 a pair and 8 bolts? Is there something that really sets these apart than any other bolt on hook? The grade of steel? Custom shape compared to others? Just seem pricey and I am sure there is a reason. Just figured someone could tell me a bit about them and maybe a horror story on why I shouldn't by an other type of hook other then Kens. I'm all about doing it right so Kens it is if there is a reason they are better.

I just got a new Kioti DK40se and was dreading welding the hooks on cause I'm a really lousy welder. I'd like the tractor to look good for at least a week. These look great. I think I'm going to mount the chain hooks on the outside and the shackle mount in the middle.

/ Kens Bucket hooks Price worth it? #47  
I have a set of the clevis hooks ken has, and they serve me well.
I would like a set of hooks also and already have the holes drilled if I choose to get a set of hooks.
I like what ken sent me. money well spent.
everyone has a choice, either weld them on or bolt them on. Both work well.
david

/ Kens Bucket hooks Price worth it? #48  
There was a time when just about every guy with a tractor was also a welder and metal fabricator. But things are different now and a lot of folks just don't have the time or learning or inclination anyway. It's a different world, appears to be getting better all the time, and I'm glad to see people like Ken stepping in to help out.

Here's what I put on my most recent machine:

The two large standoff hooks I believe are Toyota Land Cruiser front tow hooks - At the auto junkyard there is a 50 gallon drum with various tow hooks for ten bucks each. I couldn't resist these, and they hung on the wall of the workshop for a decade before I got around to buying them a tractor.

The center one really ought to be a grab style hook instead - but hidden away in one of dad's toolboxes I found this beautiful cast steel one. Looks kinda military, and must have lain there for years just hoping to get used. So I gave it the job.

The outer tie points are for when you want to rope or chain a large load into the bucket. Lots of things are too big to fit into the bucket, but easy enough to lift up and carry without damage if securely tied in. Our big old Craftsman table saw is the perfect example. These tie loops were fabbed out of 1/2" diameter mild steel rod fitted through holes drilled in their mounting plate and then welded to the the backside of that plate. Very handy.
rScotty

Attachments

• More Bucket hooks.JPG
    More Bucket hooks.JPG
    305.8 KB · Views: 1,489
   / Kens Bucket hooks Price worth it? #49  
I have a set of the clevis hooks ken has, and they serve me well.
I would like a set of hooks also and already have the holes drilled if I choose to get a set of hooks.
I like what ken sent me. money well spent.
everyone has a choice, either weld them on or bolt them on. Both work well.
david

David,

I went with both...

Attachments

• Clevis XIII.jpg
    Clevis XIII.jpg
    472.2 KB · Views: 499
  • Clevis XII.jpg
    Clevis XII.jpg
    633.5 KB · Views: 544
  • Clevis XI.jpg
    Clevis XI.jpg