Kens Bucket hooks Price worth it?

/ Kens Bucket hooks Price worth it? #51  
David,

I went with both...

Lost, I have a question: How did you fasten the clevis mounts in bucket? Do their holes line up with the hook-mount holes? If so, that would be very handy. I am considering doing the same thing to my bucket.

/ Kens Bucket hooks Price worth it? #52  
Lost, I have a question: How did you fasten the clevis mounts in bucket? Do their holes line up with the hook-mount holes? If so, that would be very handy. I am considering doing the same thing to my bucket.

FYI, I put three grab hooks across the top of the bucket and used the clevis hook as the backing plate on the center grab hook. I also put backing plates on the two hooks that line up with the loader arms. The whole set up came out very nice and I've used the heck out of it in the month that I've had them on. If you email Ken, he can send you a pic of that set up.

/ Kens Bucket hooks Price worth it? #53  

Creek...

As bullopa mentioned above, I also used the clevis mounts as a backing plate for the hooks. The template for the bolt on hooks and clevis mounts are the same.

I hope this helps.

Attachments

• Clevis XIV.jpg
    Clevis XIV.jpg
    410.7 KB · Views: 377
  • Clevis XII.jpg
    Clevis XII.jpg
    633.5 KB · Views: 429
   / Kens Bucket hooks Price worth it? #54  
Thanks for that info. I checked with Ken also. Then I checked my bucket and it turns out that where the hooks would mount there are 2 layers of metal with space between them. That means my bucket can't use Ken's bolt-ons after all! So I'll have the hooks welded on.

Question: should I first weld a backing plate (1/4" thick?) to the top of the bucket and then weld the hooks to that?

/ Kens Bucket hooks Price worth it? #55  
Not sure if this will help or not. I was just wondering if you guys looked into BXpanded.com? Not sure if Harry makes bucket hooks for your tractor but I know he has several different types for different size loaders. I bought two for my BX 24 and they are worth every penny I paid. I use them so much I just left them on. You can change the location of the hooks, take them off, or just leave them on. No welding, no drilling, no problem! Changing location of a hook is invaluable at times when needing to apply lifting pressure to a certain point of balance, etc. Just my 2 cents.

Last edited:
   / Kens Bucket hooks Price worth it? #56  
I did not go through all post, but bolt on clevis hooks are available at TSC or harbor Freight for less than $10 each.

/ Kens Bucket hooks Price worth it? #57  
I purchased 3 of Ken's 5/16 hooks. Drilled the holes and bolted them on and I'm satisfied.

A 3/8's chain will hook securely in Ken's 5/16th hooks.

/ Kens Bucket hooks Price worth it? #58  
No one gets rich in the tractor accessory market. Everyone has different production costs, etc. From all appearances Ken's product appears to be a good value. Obviously others have a contrary opinion to yours but thankfully America is still the place we can voice our opinions freely. How much longer is another question...................

As long as it takes, 2 get the concerened members opinions..

kubotakid USA

/ Kens Bucket hooks Price worth it? #59  
It isn't like your lifting or pulling 20,000 plus # with bucket hooks. Most tractors 50 hp and down don't require an elaborate device to mount a bucket hook. If one does not weld or repair his own equipment .... than a drill and bolts are the best choice. Personally a mig welder, bandsaw, and acetlyn torch are my favorite tools. I would not pay anyone to have this "fun" in my place. I would venture to say there are people that bought bucket hooks that have never used them and bought just out of peer pressure.
As they say..." whatever floats your boat ". Freedom to spend money on anything you desire is a reward for past hard work. I wouldn't knock the guy if he makes a few bucks welding hooks. Sounds like he has a following.

AB,
Well said, Most of the CUT owners dont have a welder. And they are better of buying a product thats professionally welded together. But those that do have the equipment and skills arent gona buy some expensive prefabed hook,.
Especially when they can go to northern tool and get them for half that price.

kubotakid USA

/ Kens Bucket hooks Price worth it? #60  
They are also BXpensive. Do you feel that the extra cost is justified? Are they a solid mount? It's difficult to tell from the video on their site. It seems the point that they were trying to get across was that it was quick and easy to install.

Not sure if this will help or not. I was just wondering if you guys looked into BXpanded.com? Not sure if Harry makes bucket hooks for your tractor but I know he has several different types for different size loaders. I bought two for my BX 24 and they are worth every penny I paid. I use them so much I just left them on. You can change the location of the hooks, take them off, or just leave them on. No welding, no drilling, no problem! Changing location of a hook is invaluable at times when needing to apply lifting pressure to a certain point of balance, etc. Just my 2 cents.