Kens Bucket hooks Price worth it?

/ Kens Bucket hooks Price worth it? #1  

Noodlez914

Bronze Member
Tractor
John Deere 1023e
Waiting for my 1026R to arrive and know I will need hooks on the bucket quite fast. I have no experience of ever dealing with front end loaders nor the proper hooks to be applied to one. Everyone on the forums seem to order Kens Hooks. $50 a pair and 8 bolts? Is there something that really sets these apart than any other bolt on hook? The grade of steel? Custom shape compared to others? Just seem pricey and I am sure there is a reason. Just figured someone could tell me a bit about them and maybe a horror story on why I shouldn't by an other type of hook other then Kens. I'm all about doing it right so Kens it is if there is a reason they are better.

/ Kens Bucket hooks Price worth it? #2  
If you don't weld, they are a good alternative. You are paying for the convenience of being able to just bolt them on and go. FWIW, Ken is a good guy and I wouldn't hesitate to support him if I were in the market for bolt-on hooks.

/ Kens Bucket hooks Price worth it? #3  
I haven't seen bolt-on hooks anywhere else. You'd have to weld up your own to get the same functionality.

/ Kens Bucket hooks Price worth it? #4  
If you don't weld, they are a good alternative. You are paying for the convenience of being able to just bolt them on and go. FWIW, Ken is a good guy and I wouldn't hesitate to support him if I were in the market for bolt-on hooks.
I agree

/ Kens Bucket hooks Price worth it? #5  
Put mine on this last weekend, for me it was the easiest way to do it. Ken does good work.

/ Kens Bucket hooks Price worth it? #6  
Now ken has clevis hooks too. I got to get some for myself. I could make them myself, but he seems to have a good product.
david

/ Kens Bucket hooks Price worth it? #7  
If you are handy with a drill, tapping some holes and a grinder with a cutoff wheel, an angle iron plate bolted across the bucket top really helps stiffen the bucket up and gives you a bunch of chain slots to choose from. Several old threads about this.

/ Kens Bucket hooks Price worth it? #8  
Most of the stuff we buy is made by the tens of thousands or more at a time by the cheapest labor that can handle the job. We get spoiled by this efficiency and expect it in everything we buy. With a small market like bolt-on hooks, I doubt if Ken is getting rich.

/ Kens Bucket hooks Price worth it? #9  
Waiting for my 1026R to arrive and know I will need hooks on the bucket quite fast. I have no experience of ever dealing with front end loaders nor the proper hooks to be applied to one. Everyone on the forums seem to order Kens Hooks. $50 a pair and 8 bolts? Is there something that really sets these apart than any other bolt on hook? The grade of steel? Custom shape compared to others? Just seem pricey and I am sure there is a reason. Just figured someone could tell me a bit about them and maybe a horror story on why I shouldn't by an other type of hook other then Kens. I'm all about doing it right so Kens it is if there is a reason they are better.

Best of all, they're green.

/ Kens Bucket hooks Price worth it? #10  
I bought 3 from Ken and they are top grade stuff. Today you get what you pay for, can't go wrong in supporting kenny.
DevilDog