Page 1 of 8 1234 ... LastLast
    Tractor
    John Deere 1023e

Default Kens Bucket hooks Price worth it?

Waiting for my 1026R to arrive and know I will need hooks on the bucket quite fast. I have no experience of ever dealing with front end loaders nor the proper hooks to be applied to one. Everyone on the forums seem to order Kens Hooks. $50 a pair and 8 bolts? Is there something that really sets these apart than any other bolt on hook? The grade of steel? Custom shape compared to others? Just seem pricey and I am sure there is a reason. Just figured someone could tell me a bit about them and maybe a horror story on why I shouldn't by an other type of hook other then Kens. I'm all about doing it right so Kens it is if there is a reason they are better.

Tractor
    Kubota B3030HSDC

Default Re: Kens Bucket hooks Price worth it?

If you don't weld, they are a good alternative. You are paying for the convenience of being able to just bolt them on and go. FWIW, Ken is a good guy and I wouldn't hesitate to support him if I were in the market for bolt-on hooks.

Tractor
    Kubota L3200

I haven't seen bolt-on hooks anywhere else. You'd have to weld up your own to get the same functionality.

Tractor
    Kubota B7800, B26 TLB

Quote Originally Posted by Ductape View Post
    If you don't weld, they are a good alternative. You are paying for the convenience of being able to just bolt them on and go. FWIW, Ken is a good guy and I wouldn't hesitate to support him if I were in the market for bolt-on hooks.
    I agree
    Working to increase the scope of the small tractor experience, one quick attach at a time.

Silver Member

Put mine on this last weekend, for me it was the easiest way to do it. Ken does good work.
    2011 JD 2520, 62D mower, 647 tiller, 200cx loader and ballast box, JD 45 gallon HP sprayer

Tractor
    MF 1643

Now ken has clevis hooks too. I got to get some for myself. I could make them myself, but he seems to have a good product.
    david

Gold Member
    Tractor
    B2150DT / Oliver OC-3

If you are handy with a drill, tapping some holes and a grinder with a cutoff wheel, an angle iron plate bolted across the bucket top really helps stiffen the bucket up and gives you a bunch of chain slots to choose from. Several old threads about this.
    Marty

Veteran Member
    Tractor
    Ford 1920 4x4 (traded in on Kubota). Case 480F TLB w/4 in 1 bucket, 4x4. Gehl CTL60 tracked loader, Kubota L4330 GST

Most of the stuff we buy is made by the tens of thousands or more at a time by the cheapest labor that can handle the job. We get spoiled by this efficiency and expect it in everything we buy. With a small market like bolt-on hooks, I doubt if Ken is getting rich.

Tractor
    Kioti DK-40, MF-135, Ventrac 4500Y

Quote Originally Posted by Noodlez914 View Post
    Waiting for my 1026R to arrive and know I will need hooks on the bucket quite fast. I have no experience of ever dealing with front end loaders nor the proper hooks to be applied to one. Everyone on the forums seem to order Kens Hooks. $50 a pair and 8 bolts? Is there something that really sets these apart than any other bolt on hook? The grade of steel? Custom shape compared to others? Just seem pricey and I am sure there is a reason. Just figured someone could tell me a bit about them and maybe a horror story on why I shouldn't by an other type of hook other then Kens. I'm all about doing it right so Kens it is if there is a reason they are better.
    Best of all, they're green.

Veteran Member
    Tractor
    Grand L 3540 HST-3, R4's

I bought 3 from Ken and they are top grade stuff. Today you get what you pay for, can't go wrong in supporting kenny.
    DevilDog
    He is your Friend, Your Partner, Your Defender, Your Dog. You Are His Life, His Love, His Leader. He Will Be Yours, Faithful And True, To The Last Beat Of His Heart. ...Unknown

Page 1 of 8 1234 ... LastLast