Canopy Question

/ Canopy Question #1  

RDrancher

Veteran Member
Tractor
New Holland
The canopy I have right now is metal and pretty heavy. I seem to get one or two jobs a week involving grading under a carport. Last summer I got three of those jobs in one week and ended up not bothering with the canopy at all. I'm looking at getting a canopy that's light and easy to handle since I'm usually working by myself.

I'm considering one from Tractor Canopies | Tractor Sunshades from SunGuard LLC. I like that they can be positioned in front of the ROPS for brush hog work. Anyone have experience with these? Keep in mind that I trailer every day.

/ Canopy Question #2  
I have a large TufTop on my KubL4330 on a subframe --not on the ROPS-- with just enough headroom and the ROPS can still be lowered when needed (as under my carport or in my Garage (barely) ...as the TufTop brackets are used (welded to my subframe, though, instead of ROPS) the top can tilt down for travel towing, or be removed (fairly) easily from seat ...using the largest size and mounting slightly forward of the ROPS it nicely accomodates my golf cart cover for a poor man's cab in winter.

I had posted w pics back when I built the subframe and/or could take a pic or two to send you if req.

/ Canopy Question
Thank you for the link. I like the ease of taking the Tuff Top off and on, but a little research shows that I'd have to remove it for towing. I'm not too thrilled about that. Their site also shows that the mounting height would be 5" above my already too-tall ROPS. It looks like you've come up with a fix for both problems. I really don't have time to be fabing things though.

/ Canopy Question #4  
I have one installed on my 1720...
It makes mowing in the summer very comfortable...
They are tougher than you think...
I have hit a few trees with mine and it has held up well...
Great investment and highly recommended...

/ Canopy Question #5  
Thank you for the link. I like the ease of taking the Tuff Top off and on, but a little research shows that I'd have to remove it for towing. I'm not too thrilled about that. Their site also shows that the mounting height would be 5" above my already too-tall ROPS. It looks like you've come up with a fix for both problems. I really don't have time to be fabing things though.

Understand the "too tall" part, but as for trailering, is it a clearance issue, or a wind-speed issue ...I don't trailer mine, (although the dealer does, w. no prob) but it would seem that tilting it down in the front (easily done) would ease the worry of wind-air resistance ...depending on how fast one drives, of course.

As for the fab, it was relatively quick and easy once I got the measurements down...accounting for the bow in the canopy took a little time. anyway, good luck

Here's the link to build: http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/owning-operating/103479-size-matters-roll-over-protective.html