My New Beadlocks...Whacha think?

/ My New Beadlocks...Whacha think? #1  

Freakingstang

Gold Member
Tractor
s370d
Picked these up from a buddy, and just so happened that they fit my wheels perfectly. they weigh 40 pounds each. They are a very high luster even though the pics aren't the greatest. They didn't rust sitting in the back of my truck for two days so i don't know if they are stainless or what...So i cleaned them up and cleared them. whacha think?

I have 75lb kubota weights that will go on the inside of the wheel as wheel.

Is it too much bling for a "tractor"? lol

040a052d-1.jpg

020bafb3-1.jpg

/ My New Beadlocks...Whacha think? #2  
Very nice! Just like on the Baja 1000 trucks.

/ My New Beadlocks...Whacha think?
New pics with the 80lb Kubota weights on the outside. Was going to pop the wheel off and all that jazz but thought this would be easier. I drilled and tapped some holes to mount my outer rings on. I'm right at 120lbs per wheel. I ended up doing this instead incase I need to remove them quickly.

bf62a873.jpg

35c0fbf9.jpg

43c511ad.jpg

e8334f47.jpg

/ My New Beadlocks...Whacha think? #4  
nice!

broken tractor parts.... not nice :(

/ My New Beadlocks...Whacha think? #5  
Looks MINT. Get some dirt on them, the excess bling will fade a bit.

/ My New Beadlocks...Whacha think? #6  
Those are super cool, but why on earth are they so heavy? They make better tractor weights than beadlocks!

Also, what brand of tires are on that thing, I can't...quite...make...out...is it...Carlisle...? :laughing:

You've done an outstanding job on this little tractor, and have documented it thoroughly and well. You're a real asset to the community. Thank you.

/ My New Beadlocks...Whacha think?
Those are super cool, but why on earth are they so heavy? They make better tractor weights than beadlocks!

Uhm... Hullo?! McFly... They are strictly weights... Haha. I may take off the 80lb (white) Kubota weights depending on how well it works. The rears are calcium filled, 120lbs of weight on each wheel plus the 450-500lbs of weights I made for the rear if needed. I've still got the hayforks... That's going to be the next project is modifying them and adding a grapple. I still want to redo the sheetmetal, but am trying to locate all the decals. I cringe everytime I look at the dented and faded fenders and hood... oh, and I'm having the muffler cover ceramic coated... And then I have plans for a landplane and 75% of the materials already...... And then.... And then... NO MORE AND THEN. :lol:

what brand of tires are on that thing, I can't...quite...make...out...is it...Carlisle...? :laughing:
. Pssst, they are really super swampers! Lmao.

You've done an outstanding job on this little tractor, and have documented it thoroughly and well. You're a real asset to the community. Thank you.

thank you... Trust me, it never started out to be another project.... I've got way too many as it is. I couldn't find much info on the beaver so I thought maybe some of My posts could help someone. I'm glad someone appreciates it!

/ My New Beadlocks...Whacha think? #8  
I just meant as beadlocks-why the extra weight to that degree? For tractor weights they are great, but I don't understand why anybody would go that heavy on pickup truck sized beadlocks. They don't need to be that strong, and minimizing the rolling and unsprung mass really improves handling off road.

Your tractor will be better off with weight on the three point than on the tires for loader work. Weight on the hitch unloads the front axle, a weak spot on these small machines.

I like the idea of a grapple, but go back and forth between doing that or a clamshell bucket. Each time I wish I had one, I remember that last time I wished for the opposite. So I have neither....:laughing:

/ My New Beadlocks...Whacha think? #9  
I just meant as beadlocks-why the extra weight to that degree? For tractor weights they are great, but I don't understand why anybody would go that heavy on pickup truck sized beadlocks. They don't need to be that strong, and minimizing the rolling and unsprung mass really improves handling off road.

I think he got them for next to nothing, so what they weigh is not really a factor considering that beadlocks for rear wheels on a tractor are not that easy to come by. Originally those may have been meant to be used on the front wheels of a larger tractor though, as that's where beadlocks are most likely to serve the purpose they are meant for.

Been looking for suitable beadlocks for the front wheels of my smaller tractor (JD 4720) for a long time now, I use it and its bigger brother for commercial snow clearing where having under-inflated tires is of great benefit to the operator's butt. Unfortunately beadlocks for 16.5-inch wheels are very elusive.

BTW AngryBeaver that's a heck of a job you done on that little tractor, can hardly believe my eyes :thumbsup:

/ My New Beadlocks...Whacha think? #10  
Like the weights, dont like the beauty rings.