Additional Tractor Work Light Ideas

/ Additional Tractor Work Light Ideas #22  
I have found that guns are not effective towards hippies. Just throw some deodorant at them, and if that dosen't work, try a chainsaw:)

/ Additional Tractor Work Light Ideas #23  
I mounted 2 lights forward up high nad 1 rear low on my ROPS. Ddint go with LED. Purcased auxillary driving lights at auto parts store. Just make sure you dont over load your alternator. They throw light out quite aways forward. I have the rear facing light lower mainley for plowing snow with a rear blade.
Depending on the use you can mount the rear light higher.

/ Additional Tractor Work Light Ideas #24  
Holy cow quadpa1911. Going to war? You're right near me (Applegate Valley), and I sure wouldn't want to meet you in the woods! I oftentimes carry a 357 on 320 acres, but....

I, too, put regular auxillary driving lights from an auto parts store on underside of my ROPS. Attached w/ large hose clamps. They work well, but are quite a load on the alternator when 2 forward-facing and 2 rear-facing + regular headlights are on. Any recommendations on LED lights? The OP's 90 deg beam LED's look nice.

Marcus

/ Additional Tractor Work Light Ideas #25  
NHmitch said:
I have been tired of working the dark behind the my tractor at night in the woods. I use to have a utility light mounted on the tractor b, but I could not really aim where I needed it, si I purchased a spotlight that was meant for an ATV, but it worked great. Its a Blazer ATV spotlight, and it fit perfectly on my fender handle. I was able to quickly wire it under the seat where the wire is connected to the fender lights. The spotlight does not rattle, or move when I drive, and I can aim it anywhere I need it, and it is very bright. All this for $25. Not a bad purchase. Excuse the clutter behind the tractor..The lights works great. The main thing, what ever you do, do not make holes in your ROPS, or modify them. They could fail if you need them. Just use large u bolts. This spotlight works great at night here in pitch black New Hampshire.

What brand is it, and where is it available, please?
T

/ Additional Tractor Work Light Ideas #28  
I made these last yr. very inexpensive and easy to mount and aim where you want them to go. mount inside the rops or on the outside. david

Attachments

• bracket-1.jpg
    bracket-1.jpg
    477.1 KB · Views: 240
  • bracket-2.jpg
    bracket-2.jpg
    531.3 KB · Views: 197
  • bracket-3.jpg
    bracket-3.jpg
    951.3 KB · Views: 383
  • bracket-5.jpg
    bracket-5.jpg
    939.2 KB · Views: 344
   / Additional Tractor Work Light Ideas #29  
I made these last yr. very inexpensive and easy to mount and aim where you want them to go. mount inside the rops or on the outside. david

When I put them togather, they where a trial but they do work well. the lights have independant switches made into them, much like the flash light switch and are also water proof. 55w bulbs. I prefered the independant light switches do to: i dodn't need them all on all the time. And by the way, there is no drilling on the rops in anyway.
Hope this helps
david

/ Additional Tractor Work Light Ideas #30  
I used what ever lights come on a Case 580 backhoe. These things are great.

Do you have any issues with vibration on the front canopy lights? I have thought of doing that on our L3830, but I was worried that they would just vibrate all over the place.

Thanks

Aaron Z