Adding Dozer Blade to my JD2210

/ Adding Dozer Blade to my JD2210 #1  

tacbat

Tractor
JD2210
I have a dozer blade 54" from the trusty jd314 that I am going to modify a bracket to fit the 2210. My question is if the hydro oil that is in the lift cylinder compatible with the hydro oil in the new 2210? I am wondering if I need to flush cylinder/s with fuild from 2210 and then top-off fuild? I was told by the sales guy that it is not a problem but he is a saleman not a tech. I would also like suggestions on how to flush the cylinder.

/ Adding Dozer Blade to my JD2210 #2  
The hydro oil should be the same but....
In some older JD hydros, it was ok to use type F auto transmission fluid in place of the regular hydro fluid. Now they pretty much specify to use the low viscosity hydro fluid.

Flushing the cylinders might not be a bad idea. Not only because of the possibility of different fluid, but mostly because of dirt. In an older implement like your blade that has been taken on and off a lot in the past, could probably have some dirty fluid in it.

I don't think a "flush" is needed, but I'm sure it wouldn't hurt to at least drain the fluid from the cylinders and hoses. Then clean the fittings up putting it back together. I would just unhook the hoses and push/pull the cylinders to get out what fluid you can. Then when you attach it to you tractor, cycle the controls to fill the cylinders/hoses. Then bring your hydro level on the tractor back up to where it should be.

/ Adding Dozer Blade to my JD2210 #3  
Yep, thats just how I did it when I retrofitted an old JD blade to fit my JD 650. I drained out the old (red) fluid by pushing the cylinders in and then out.