Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Platinum Member
    Tractor
    Kioti DK45SC

Default Re: carry-all for back of tractor

Quote Originally Posted by phiferpharm View Post
    I made a carry-all using the TSC carry-all based on a video I saw at Wilson Ultimate carry-all at Wilson Outdoors Ultimate Carryall - Part 1 - YouTube .

The modifications I made were to add racks for my pole saw and weed-wacker, a tool box rack, and a water barrel rack (not shown) to place a filled plastic 55 gallon drum on it for a counterweight. I also put 2X6 skids on the bottom so the metal didn't dig into my concrete.
    Mine (also a TSC one) is a lot like that. I put hinged sides on mine that can be folded in flat against the vertical front part. These sides also have vertical channels on the outboard (in)sides so I can slip in tailgate boards, if needed. There are also support brackets on the sides for a drop-in seat board, if I ever want to do that. Finally, I have a wooden chainsaw scabbard mounted along with the tool-holding pipes.
    Mostly, I use it in the configuration you show to move blocked firewood.
    BOB

Tractor
    Kioti DK45se HST - Rhino 660 4X4 - Snapper Pro ZTR - Craftsmen mower

Building these things is great fun. Your really only limited by your imagination or "borrowing" ideas you see from other folks. David- looks like you got a nice size frame there to work with. Bob - I made the scabbard for the chain saw, but had a tree fall across my road, so I hooked it up as it was and just haven't gotten around to sticking it on - my bad.

I am going to add a removable hitch to the back so I can tow around my flatbed trailer. I just have to figure out how to make it secure, but not be in the way when I have it sitting on the ground. I'm also thinking about some sort of platform for the front to use to stand on and/or transport my portable generator if I have a load of stuff on the carry-all.
    Doug P

Veteran Member
    Tractor
    Massey 180 Diesel

I built this one a few years back. Deck is 3' X 6'. Large enough to haul square bales of hay, also big enough to haul enough material, that I'm ready for a break, a if I shoveled it on. I have used it for when cleaning stalls also. Gathering rocks, etc. Seems I don't mind loading it, just hate to unload it so....

( Hope this link works..)

http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/b...carry-all.html

Tractor
    Kioti DK50SE HST w/FEL, John Deere LX266 & STX38 Mowers. Stihl MS290 20" bar, & FS190

Quote Originally Posted by DJ54 View Post
    I built this one a few years back. Deck is 3' X 6'. Large enough to haul square bales of hay, also big enough to haul enough material, that I'm ready for a break, a if I shoveled it on. I have used it for when cleaning stalls also. Gathering rocks, etc. Seems I don't mind loading it, just hate to unload it so....
    DUDE!!!! THAT IS AWESOME!

I love it! I have an old single action cyclinder laying around (from a tailgate lift) would it work like that????

David
    Former Submariner & Army SGT
    2011 Kioti DK50SE HST, KL-401 FEL w/72" bucket, tooth bar, & Ratchet Rake, 2 rear remotes, canopy, WR Long RBG72 Grapple, Woods BB72X cutter & TSG-50 stump grinder, TSC PHD, & more to come. Mowers 2003 JD LX266 42" deck mower, & old JD STX-38 (12.5 hp).

Managing 51 Acres of Virginia hills with ponds & streams, mature market timber, riding trails, horse pasture, long gravel drive, veggie garden, & yard.

Veteran Member
    Tractor
    Massey 180 Diesel

Thanks for the compliment..!! Sure, a single action will work, as long as you have enough weight to push down, and return the oil. I have a 3 pt. cement mixer that has a single action, but has a helper spring to help bring it back to mixing level, but don't hink you would need one for something like this. I just happened to have this double action laying around I bought right, at a community auction, just itching for something to do.

I've had several people ask me to build them one, and may someday, when time allows. Just too many irons in the fire at this moment...

Gold Member
    Tractor
    John Deere 855

Here is my carry all. Just a standard TSC carry all that I built a two piece deck and back board that are 3' long by 4' wide out of treated pine.
    I found with my lifting capacity this is plenty big enough. With my tractor I found I could lower all three connection points 9" and it would raise the deck almost to tail gate level of my pickup.
    ............... Hardest part may be getting a picture to attach........
    -----
    -carry-all-mods-jpg

Tractor
    kubota L3010

Wyobuckaroo, I like that..... I see the orig holes and upper attachment pin. Is that what you raised 9"? Also, how much weight do you think that would lift? thanks

Bronze Member
    Tractor
    JD 3032E

Here's a pic of mine. Got a lot of fencing projects so it needed to carry both a generator and compressor to drive the tpost pounder. -img_0034-jpg

Elite Member
    Tractor
    New Holland TC-45

-carry-box-1e-jpg

Here is a little quickie built for a neighbor a few years ago. Took about 3/4 hours.

Bottom is 1/4" diamond plate and it is strong enough that a small trailer could be towed with it.

I offered to paint it pink to match his undies. For some reason he declined.

-carry-box-2e-jpg-carry-box-3e-jpg
    ::"I STARTED out with nothing....I still have most of it."

New Holland TC45 1,300+ hours - FEL - back hoe - post hole digger - Hydraulic Gannon - cement mixer - pressure washer - 1975 Dodge 500 flat bed - 1974 chevy C65 6 yard dump truck.
    All home made by me. loading forks - 2 drags - roller - Sheep's Foot - Pusher (to unload flat bed truck.) - pickle fork digger - Log splitter -

Bronze Member
    Tractor
    iseki 1300TX

Quote Originally Posted by Wyobuckaroo View Post
    Here is my carry all. Just a standard TSC carry all that I built a two piece deck and back board that are 3' long by 4' wide out of treated pine.
    I found with my lifting capacity this is plenty big enough. With my tractor I found I could lower all three connection points 9" and it would raise the deck almost to tail gate level of my pickup.
    ............... Hardest part may be getting a picture to attach........
    -----
    -carry-all-mods-jpg
    That is exactly what I am going to do. I want it to reach to my pick up bed. I am getting some materials on Monday. That really looks nice. Very good job. Was this your idea, or did you see it somewhere?

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast