carry-all for back of tractor

/ carry-all for back of tractor #11  
I made a carry-all using the TSC carry-all based on a video I saw at Wilson Ultimate carry-all at Wilson Outdoors Ultimate Carryall - Part 1 - YouTube .

The modifications I made were to add racks for my pole saw and weed-wacker, a tool box rack, and a water barrel rack (not shown) to place a filled plastic 55 gallon drum on it for a counterweight. I also put 2X6 skids on the bottom so the metal didn't dig into my concrete.

Mine (also a TSC one) is a lot like that. I put hinged sides on mine that can be folded in flat against the vertical front part. These sides also have vertical channels on the outboard (in)sides so I can slip in tailgate boards, if needed. There are also support brackets on the sides for a drop-in seat board, if I ever want to do that. Finally, I have a wooden chainsaw scabbard mounted along with the tool-holding pipes.
Mostly, I use it in the configuration you show to move blocked firewood.
BOB

/ carry-all for back of tractor #12  
Building these things is great fun. Your really only limited by your imagination or "borrowing" ideas you see from other folks. David- looks like you got a nice size frame there to work with. Bob - I made the scabbard for the chain saw, but had a tree fall across my road, so I hooked it up as it was and just haven't gotten around to sticking it on - my bad.

I am going to add a removable hitch to the back so I can tow around my flatbed trailer. I just have to figure out how to make it secure, but not be in the way when I have it sitting on the ground. I'm also thinking about some sort of platform for the front to use to stand on and/or transport my portable generator if I have a load of stuff on the carry-all.

/ carry-all for back of tractor #13  
I built this one a few years back. Deck is 3' X 6'. Large enough to haul square bales of hay, also big enough to haul enough material, that I'm ready for a break, a if I shoveled it on. I have used it for when cleaning stalls also. Gathering rocks, etc. Seems I don't mind loading it, just hate to unload it so....

( Hope this link works..)

http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/build-yourself/142981-hydraulic-dump-carry-all.html

/ carry-all for back of tractor #14  
I built this one a few years back. Deck is 3' X 6'. Large enough to haul square bales of hay, also big enough to haul enough material, that I'm ready for a break, a if I shoveled it on. I have used it for when cleaning stalls also. Gathering rocks, etc. Seems I don't mind loading it, just hate to unload it so....

DUDE!!!! THAT IS AWESOME!

I love it! I have an old single action cyclinder laying around (from a tailgate lift) would it work like that????

David

/ carry-all for back of tractor #15  
Thanks for the compliment..!! Sure, a single action will work, as long as you have enough weight to push down, and return the oil. I have a 3 pt. cement mixer that has a single action, but has a helper spring to help bring it back to mixing level, but don't hink you would need one for something like this. I just happened to have this double action laying around I bought right, at a community auction, just itching for something to do.

I've had several people ask me to build them one, and may someday, when time allows. Just too many irons in the fire at this moment...

/ carry-all for back of tractor #16  
Here is my carry all. Just a standard TSC carry all that I built a two piece deck and back board that are 3' long by 4' wide out of treated pine.
I found with my lifting capacity this is plenty big enough. With my tractor I found I could lower all three connection points 9" and it would raise the deck almost to tail gate level of my pickup.
............... Hardest part may be getting a picture to attach........
-----
Carry All Mods.jpg

/ carry-all for back of tractor #17  
Wyobuckaroo, I like that..... I see the orig holes and upper attachment pin. Is that what you raised 9"? Also, how much weight do you think that would lift? thanks

/ carry-all for back of tractor #18  
Here's a pic of mine. Got a lot of fencing projects so it needed to carry both a generator and compressor to drive the tpost pounder. IMG_0034.jpg

/ carry-all for back of tractor #19  
carry-box-1e.jpg

Here is a little quickie built for a neighbor a few years ago. Took about 3/4 hours.

Bottom is 1/4" diamond plate and it is strong enough that a small trailer could be towed with it.

I offered to paint it pink to match his undies. For some reason he declined. :confused3::laughing:

carry-box-2e.jpgcarry-box-3e.jpg

/ carry-all for back of tractor #20  
Here is my carry all. Just a standard TSC carry all that I built a two piece deck and back board that are 3' long by 4' wide out of treated pine.
I found with my lifting capacity this is plenty big enough. With my tractor I found I could lower all three connection points 9" and it would raise the deck almost to tail gate level of my pickup.
............... Hardest part may be getting a picture to attach........
-----
View attachment 271554

That is exactly what I am going to do. I want it to reach to my pick up bed. I am getting some materials on Monday. That really looks nice. Very good job. Was this your idea, or did you see it somewhere?