Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Tractor
    Kioti DK45se HST - Rhino 660 4X4 - Snapper Pro ZTR - Craftsmen Chipper/Vac

Default Re: carry-all for back of tractor

Quote Originally Posted by crash325 View Post
    Here is a little quickie built for a neighbor a few years ago. Took about 3/4 hours.

Bottom is 1/4" diamond plate and it is strong enough that a small trailer could be towed with it.

I offered to paint it pink to match his undies. For some reason he declined.

Attachment 271562Attachment 271563
    I think that is kinda what I want for the front end. It looks like I could attach it through the existing holes on the FEL edge.

As to color, Pink would work. Let's you get in touch with your feminine side kinda like the Bullbreakers Foot picture in another thread.
    Doug P

Tractor
    New Holland TC-45

Quote Originally Posted by phiferpharm View Post
    I think that is kinda what I want for the front end. It looks like I could attach it through the existing holes on the FEL edge.

As to color, Pink would work. Let's you get in touch with your feminine side kinda like the Bullbreakers Foot picture in another thread.
    Quick & easy & cheap. Just bunch of stuff I had laying round. See what you have and throw 1 together.

neighbor is a homophobic, just had to rub it in a little. In the middle picture you can see a little pink paint.
    ::"I STARTED out with nothing....I still have most of it."

New Holland TC45 1,300+ hours - FEL - back hoe - post hole digger - Hydraulic Gannon - cement mixer - pressure washer - 1975 Dodge 500 flat bed - 1974 chevy C65 6 yard dump truck.
    All home made by me. loading forks - 2 drags - roller - Sheep's Foot - Pusher (to unload flat bed truck.) - pickle fork digger - Log splitter -

Tractor

Quote Originally Posted by crash325 View Post
    Quick & easy & cheap. Just bunch of stuff I had laying round. See what you have and throw 1 together.

neighbor is a homophobic, just had to rub it in a little. In the middle picture you can see a little pink paint.
    I am one of those type also-- I'm a lesbian (hope this don't get me in trouble)
    Doug P

Tractor
    New Holland TC-45

Quote Originally Posted by phiferpharm View Post
    Hope we don't get in trouble for High jacking.

A few years ago I was doing a job up the road a ways. Couple of gals (Very hefty gals) got to talking with me. Some how the conversation got around to Dill Pickles. In invited them down to have 1 (yes it was to eat.)

He showed up and could not stand for me to be having girls over. He "follow me home and I'll give you a whole Jar of pickles".

He and the girls left. Those gals were about as Gay as you can get. Not a problem letting him have them.
    ::"I STARTED out with nothing....I still have most of it."

New Holland TC45 1,300+ hours - FEL - back hoe - post hole digger - Hydraulic Gannon - cement mixer - pressure washer - 1975 Dodge 500 flat bed - 1974 chevy C65 6 yard dump truck.
    All home made by me. loading forks - 2 drags - roller - Sheep's Foot - Pusher (to unload flat bed truck.) - pickle fork digger - Log splitter -

Tractor
    Kioti DK50SE HST w/FEL, John Deere LX266 & STX38 Mowers. Stihl MS290 20" bar, & FS190

Quote Originally Posted by phiferpharm

Me too! I LOVE WOMEN!

David
    Former Submariner & Army SGT
    2011 Kioti DK50SE HST, KL-401 FEL w/72" bucket, tooth bar, & Ratchet Rake, 2 rear remotes, canopy, WR Long RBG72 Grapple, Woods BB72X cutter & TSG-50 stump grinder, TSC PHD, & more to come. Mowers 2003 JD LX266 42" deck mower, & old JD STX-38 (12.5 hp).

Managing 51 Acres of Virginia hills with ponds & streams, mature market timber, riding trails, empty pasture, long gravel drive, veggie garden, & yard.

Gold Member
    Tractor
    1710 Ford

I looked long and hard at a carry-all but decided to go with pallet forks and then get a a couple of the large plastic collapsible skid boxes. I have one set up for tool and another I just leave empty and use it for hauling things like firewood - that is until I saw one of the threads here where he stacked the firewood on a skid and handled it that way. The pallet forks looked like an even better idea.
    You can still build a special tool box if you want and pick it up with the pallet forks. This system would give you much more flexibility

Tractor

Quote Originally Posted by MossflowerWoods View Post
    Me too! I LOVE WOMEN!

David
    Glad you got it! One of the ladies I worked with at the school board and I went out to lunch one day and I noticed she seemed to be checking out the same people I was. I said something that made her tell me she played for the same team. That was my comeback to her - me to, I"m a lesbian. She is the lady who gave me Elvis, my pet mini-pig a few months ago, so she didn't get too offended I guess.
    Doug P

Tractor

Quote Originally Posted by Creamer View Post
    I looked long and hard at a carry-all but decided to go with pallet forks and then get a a couple of the large plastic collapsible skid boxes. I have one set up for tool and another I just leave empty and use it for hauling things like firewood - that is until I saw one of the threads here where he stacked the firewood on a skid and handled it that way. The pallet forks looked like an even better idea.
    You can still build a special tool box if you want and pick it up with the pallet forks. This system would give you much more flexibility
    Do you remember where you got it?
    Doug P

Tractor
    for Cristmas 2011 found used Joh Deere 670 w/ 40 hrs and options

Quote Originally Posted by StanR
    I made this one with sides and storage compartment.. sold with that tractor... might have to make another one very handy
    Very nice!!! One more item for my to- do list.
    Thanks
    Ron JD 670
    Found used JD670 with 40 hrs barned with FEL, 5' Rake, 7' Blade, 9" X 3' Rankin Auger.
    Have added Box Blade, RM, Forks, plus some blood sweat and tears.

Gold Member
    Tractor
    John Deere 855

Guys.......... Keep in mind I LOWERED the 3pt pin attachments 9" because my tractor will go that much lower than the original pin locations on the carrier.

You will have to put the tractor and carrier on a level surface and see what the difference is in locations.
    Have not seen this done anywhere else, just figured it out while scratching my head for a while.

My tractor is only rated for 800# and I can lift 40 landscape blocks at 20# each. Seems 45 blocks are too much.

Now with the 3pt all the way up I have had 1600# of sand in buckets on the carrier and it worked and moved it fine.
    Granted I moved it very slow and easy, and it was reasonably level where I moved it. Didn't have the FEL on at the time, but did have the MMM on and the front end was still very light.

Your equipment capacities may very.
    Keep safe.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast