Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
    bcp
    Elite Member
    Tractor
    Kubota BX2360

Default Re: carry-all for back of tractor

Did you notice in the video, about 3:38, the front layer of wood in the basement bin had been restacked neatly after being dumped in?

Bruce

jmc
    Veteran Member
    Tractor
    Ford 1920 4x4 (traded in on Kubota). Case 480F TLB w/4 in 1 bucket, 4x4. Gehl CTL60 tracked loader, Kubota L4330 GST

Some speculation on the 1953 JD video: He was trying to watch a football game. His resentful wife is subtly trying to 'nudge' him into action by running the vacuum cleaner nearby. No response. She vacuums under his feet. She vacuums in front of the TV. She dusts in front of the TV. It seems his den is the only dirty spot in the house. Eventually, she 'nudges' him out of the house. He's in no hurry to return yet wants to appear productive. Perfect setup.

Tractor
    Mahindra 3616 hst cab

I put this together sunday.carry-all for back of tractor-0723121859.jpg

Veteran Member
    Tractor
    Mahindra 3016

Quote Originally Posted by jmc View Post
    Some speculation on the 1953 JD video: He was trying to watch a football game. His resentful wife is subtly trying to 'nudge' him into action by running the vacuum cleaner nearby. No response. She vacuums under his feet. She vacuums in front of the TV. She dusts in front of the TV. It seems his den is the only dirty spot in the house. Eventually, she 'nudges' him out of the house. He's in no hurry to return yet wants to appear productive. Perfect setup.
    Of course. The prolongation of an activity to deflect oneself from more painful honeydews. Wise man jmc.

Tractor
    Kubota BX2360 & L4240 HSTC

Quote Originally Posted by jefwyn View Post
    I put this together sunday.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	0723121859.jpg 
Views:	1142 
Size:	918.2 KB 
ID:	274598
    Nice carry-all and chain saws.
    Roger

Kubota BX2360 & Kubota L4240 with paddle shifter, suicide doors and 24's
    Past Stuff: Ford 8N, Cub Cadet 2206, Bobcat CT235

My Threads

EA Wicked Grapple Build - 3PH Pallet Mover - Harbor Freight QH Mods - L4240 Upgrades - BX2360 Upgrades- How Add a Switch to a Worklight

My YouTube Channel

Tractor
    Kubota BX25

Quote Originally Posted by jefwyn View Post
    I put this together sunday.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	0723121859.jpg 
Views:	1142 
Size:	918.2 KB 
ID:	274598

Looks great!
    Kyle - CompactTractorFan

Kubota BX25 w/R4's (23 hp, 17.7 PTO hp), Loader, Backhoe, 60" Mid Mount Mower, Cyclone Rake Z-10 Lawn Vacuum, CountyLine Carryall, Ferris 48" Walk-Behind Mower, Honda 21" Walk-Behind Mower, Mighty Mac 4" Chipper/Shredder,
    2000 Dodge Intrepid, 2012 Ford F-150 EcoBoost

Tractor
    Yanmar YM240, YM186D, and another YM186D

I welded up a 3-point forks assembly similar to TSC's. I can pick it up in a moment with the quick hitch.

I use the forks to carry several oversize pallets that have a sheet of plywood added. For the one I use mostly, I added a backboard on its front edge so I have something to tie cargo to. Another has high sides for a portable mulch bin, and a third has uprights along its back edge, for storing and then carrying a load of short tree props into the orchard.

Last week I lashed my table saw onto a basic pallet and took it out to the scrap lumber pile behind the barn to rip scrap lumber into tree props, with minimal handling. Pile > Saw > Trailer.

It is very handy to leave different projects on different pallets, and go pick them up with the rear forks when needed.

Last edited by California; 07-26-2012 at 08:17 PM. Reason: Added photos.

Gold Member
    Tractor
    John Deere 855

California said........
    It is very handy to leave different projects on different pallets, and go pick them up with the rear forks when needed.
    ----------------------

ABSOLUTELY............ I have made up several 3'x3' pallets that I use on my carry all. I secured a 50 gallon plastic barrel to one to keep sand, and cleaned landscape rock in. They have drain holes in the bottom and a sheet of landscape fabric in the bottom to let water out and keep product in.

Pick it up, move to where you need it, move back to the back of the barn. Works good.

Enjoy

Elite Member
    Tractor
    New Holland TC-45

Quote Originally Posted by Boeing View Post
    Crash.....
    I have a MIG welder (which I am not too good with.....)
    WHERE do you get the diamond plate for the floor and WHERE do you get the diamond mesh wire that you used for the sides?
    Thanks
    Hi,
    Sorry for the long delay in getting to you with an answer.

Most good sized towns or cities have metal yards. Locally I'm pretty lucky as the yard has a good selection of used metal or drops (cut offs). Once a month or so I stop by to see what they have and pick up most anything that may be useful in the future. Never really sure what I am going to build or when. So its nice to have a supply on hand.

In the last few years I have built 4 wood stoves, mail box, roller, sheep's foot (compacter), pallet forks, wood racks, metal stairs and a bunch of little things.
    ::"I STARTED out with nothing....I still have most of it."

New Holland TC45 1,300+ hours - FEL - back hoe - post hole digger - Hydraulic Gannon - cement mixer - pressure washer - 1975 Dodge 500 flat bed - 1974 chevy C65 6 yard dump truck.
    All home made by me. loading forks - 2 drags - roller - Sheep's Foot - Pusher (to unload flat bed truck.) - pickle fork digger - Log splitter -

Silver Member
    Tractor
    '10 Kubota MX4700HST, R4s

carry-all for back of tractor-img_0081.jpgcarry-all for back of tractor-img_0087.jpg

Here's mine. 3 inch angle, 3/16" thick. Inverted angle for the floor. I plan to add 1/4 to 1/2 steel plate in the bottom to add weight. The sides are 16" high. Started with a TSC frame and went from there.

mkane09

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast