carry-all for back of tractor

/ carry-all for back of tractor #41  
Did you notice in the video, about 3:38, the front layer of wood in the basement bin had been restacked neatly after being dumped in?

Bruce

/ carry-all for back of tractor #42  
Some speculation on the 1953 JD video: He was trying to watch a football game. His resentful wife is subtly trying to 'nudge' him into action by running the vacuum cleaner nearby. No response. She vacuums under his feet. She vacuums in front of the TV. She dusts in front of the TV. It seems his den is the only dirty spot in the house. Eventually, she 'nudges' him out of the house. He's in no hurry to return yet wants to appear productive. Perfect setup.

/ carry-all for back of tractor #43  
I put this together sunday. 0723121859.jpg

/ carry-all for back of tractor #44  
Some speculation on the 1953 JD video: He was trying to watch a football game. His resentful wife is subtly trying to 'nudge' him into action by running the vacuum cleaner nearby. No response. She vacuums under his feet. She vacuums in front of the TV. She dusts in front of the TV. It seems his den is the only dirty spot in the house. Eventually, she 'nudges' him out of the house. He's in no hurry to return yet wants to appear productive. Perfect setup.

Of course. The prolongation of an activity to deflect oneself from more painful honeydews. Wise man jmc.

/ carry-all for back of tractor #47  
I welded up a 3-point forks assembly similar to TSC's. I can pick it up in a moment with the Quick Hitch.

I use the forks to carry several oversize pallets that have a sheet of plywood added. For the one I use mostly, I added a backboard on its front edge so I have something to tie cargo to. Another has high sides for a portable mulch bin, and a third has uprights along its back edge, for storing and then carrying a load of short tree props into the orchard.

Last week I lashed my table saw onto a basic pallet and took it out to the scrap lumber pile behind the barn to rip scrap lumber into tree props, with minimal handling. Pile > Saw > Trailer.

It is very handy to leave different projects on different pallets, and go pick them up with the rear forks when needed.

222112d1311353837-rear-forks-p1640840rforks-platformforq.jpg

220809d1310405301-diy-carry-all-p1620207r3ptforks.jpg

200622d1297802477-1401d-vs-186d-3-point-p1560653rym186dpersimmonhar.jpg

236067d1320291604-chipper-p1640058rhfshredderinuse.jpg

Last edited:
   / carry-all for back of tractor #48  
California said........
It is very handy to leave different projects on different pallets, and go pick them up with the rear forks when needed.
----------------------

ABSOLUTELY............ I have made up several 3'x3' pallets that I use on my carry all. I secured a 50 gallon plastic barrel to one to keep sand, and cleaned landscape rock in. They have drain holes in the bottom and a sheet of landscape fabric in the bottom to let water out and keep product in.

Pick it up, move to where you need it, move back to the back of the barn. Works good.

Enjoy

/ carry-all for back of tractor #49  
Crash.....
I have a MIG welder (which I am not too good with.....)
WHERE do you get the diamond plate for the floor and WHERE do you get the diamond mesh wire that you used for the sides?
Thanks

Hi,
Sorry for the long delay in getting to you with an answer.

Most good sized towns or cities have metal yards. Locally I'm pretty lucky as the yard has a good selection of used metal or drops (cut offs). Once a month or so I stop by to see what they have and pick up most anything that may be useful in the future. Never really sure what I am going to build or when. So its nice to have a supply on hand.

In the last few years I have built 4 wood stoves, mail box, roller, sheep's foot (compacter), pallet forks, wood racks, metal stairs and a bunch of little things.

/ carry-all for back of tractor #50  
IMG_0081.jpgIMG_0087.jpg

Here's mine. 3 inch angle, 3/16" thick. Inverted angle for the floor. I plan to add 1/4 to 1/2 steel plate in the bottom to add weight. The sides are 16" high. Started with a TSC frame and went from there.

mkane09