carry-all for back of tractor

/ carry-all for back of tractor #1  

MFWD

Silver Member
Tractor
2002 New Holland TC35D with cab, a 2007 New Holland Skid Steer and a 1970's 154 Cub Lo-Boy, 2016 John Deere XUV 550 Gator
Hello,
Has anyone here made a carry-all for the back of their tractor. I am interested in seeing pictures and also what size and shape of steel used in forming the carry-all. You can buy the steel carry-all from Tractor Supply....it is made from 1/4 x 2.5 angle iron...it will hold 1000lbs. So with the weight of the wood box that I would build, I could carry maybe 800 lbs. I am going to use it to carry bucked 20" firewood logs back to my splitting area. I can weld so I could make the steel part and then build the box part that would be bolted on. Just kicking around the idea and would like as much info as I can get.

MFWD

/ carry-all for back of tractor #2  
I bought the TSC one then bolt 5' 2x8 treated planks on then put 2"x2" angle iron over the cut ends to keep the lumber from warping. Works great. Right now I am using it for garden irrigation water supply, have 2 55 gallon barrels strapped on it to haul water and it handles those fine completley full, that's 880 lbs.

Build your wood rack out of light tubing may safe some weight.

/ carry-all for back of tractor #3  
I made a carry-all using the TSC carry-all based on a video I saw at Wilson Ultimate carry-all at Wilson Outdoors Ultimate Carryall - Part 1 - YouTube .

The modifications I made were to add racks for my pole saw and weed-wacker, a tool box rack, and a water barrel rack (not shown) to place a filled plastic 55 gallon drum on it for a counterweight. I also put 2X6 skids on the bottom so the metal didn't dig into my concrete.

Attachments

• carry-all01.gif
    carry-all01.gif
    399.3 KB · Views: 4,764
  • carry-all02.gif
    carry-all02.gif
    422.1 KB · Views: 2,288
   / carry-all for back of tractor #4  
I made this one to use, then remodeled it for tractor cruises. Started out with a $5 one from a farm auction, homemade one similar to what TSC sells. Tore off the old planks, cleaned up the frame, made a new outer frame & used 1/2" CD plywood. The rails are made with 1" plastic conduit, more for hand rails than heavy use. ~~ grnspot

Attachments

• Picture 032 (Small).jpg
    Picture 032 (Small).jpg
    61.2 KB · Views: 1,601
   / carry-all for back of tractor #5  
What about a set of pallet forks. You could stack would on the skid or get one of these. I have been stacking all of my wood on skids. It keeps it off the ground and you can move it with the tractor.

/ carry-all for back of tractor #6  
I made this one with sides and storage compartment.. sold with that tractor... might have to make another one very handy

003-2.jpg

/ carry-all for back of tractor #7  
I made a carry-all using the TSC carry-all based on a video I saw...

The modifications I made were to add racks for my pole saw and weed-wacker, a tool box rack, and a water barrel rack (not shown) to place a filled plastic 55 gallon drum on it for a counterweight. I also put 2X6 skids on the bottom so the metal didn't dig into my concrete.

Doug,

SWEEEEET! :thumbsup:
I really like that!

David

/ carry-all for back of tractor #8  

Attachments

• 2012-06-16 11.44.33.jpg
    2012-06-16 11.44.33.jpg
    478.2 KB · Views: 1,282
   / carry-all for back of tractor #9  
I made a carry-all using the TSC carry-all based on a video I saw at Wilson Ultimate carry-all at Wilson Outdoors Ultimate Carryall - Part 1 - YouTube .

The modifications I made were to add racks for my pole saw and weed-wacker, a tool box rack, and a water barrel rack (not shown) to place a filled plastic 55 gallon drum on it for a counterweight. I also put 2X6 skids on the bottom so the metal didn't dig into my concrete.[/QUOT

I made a similar one. Yours has some nice features I would like to copy. I added two receivers welded to the frame for vises or towing.It's used mostly as a mobile work platform. Coupled with a small generator , a very handy thing.