Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast
    Tractor
    2002 New Holland TC35D with cab, a 2007 New Holland Skid Steer and a 1970's 154 Cub Lo-Boy

Default carry-all for back of tractor

Hello,
    Has anyone here made a carry-all for the back of their tractor. I am interested in seeing pictures and also what size and shape of steel used in forming the carry-all. You can buy the steel carry-all from Tractor Supply....it is made from 1/4 x 2.5 angle iron...it will hold 1000lbs. So with the weight of the wood box that I would build, I could carry maybe 800 lbs. I am going to use it to carry bucked 20" firewood logs back to my splitting area. I can weld so I could make the steel part and then build the box part that would be bolted on. Just kicking around the idea and would like as much info as I can get.

MFWD

Tractor
    Bobcat CT225

Default Re: carry-all for back of tractor

I bought the TSC one then bolt 5' 2x8 treated planks on then put 2"x2" angle iron over the cut ends to keep the lumber from warping. Works great. Right now I am using it for garden irrigation water supply, have 2 55 gallon barrels strapped on it to haul water and it handles those fine completley full, that's 880 lbs.

Build your wood rack out of light tubing may safe some weight.
    Dennis

CT225 w/7TL QA FEL, 60"tooth dirt bucket, 68" smooth bucket, Pallet Forks, Bale Spear. Hydrualic top llin, QH, 48 RC, 60" tiller, Angle blade, Landscape rake, Carry-all, Post hole auger.

Tractor
    Kioti DK45se HST - Rhino 660 4X4 - Snapper Pro ZTR - Craftsmen Chipper/Vac

I made a carry-all using the TSC carry-all based on a video I saw at Wilson Ultimate carry-all at Wilson Outdoors Ultimate Carryall - Part 1 - YouTube .

The modifications I made were to add racks for my pole saw and weed-wacker, a tool box rack, and a water barrel rack (not shown) to place a filled plastic 55 gallon drum on it for a counterweight. I also put 2X6 skids on the bottom so the metal didn't dig into my concrete.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -carry-all01-gif   -carry-all02-gif  
    Doug P

Tractor
    John Deere 790, 420, 314, "L/60" Custom & 70 I

I made this one to use, then remodeled it for tractor cruises. Started out with a $5 one from a farm auction, homemade one similar to what TSC sells. Tore off the old planks, cleaned up the frame, made a new outer frame & used 1/2" CD plywood. The rails are made with 1" plastic conduit, more for hand rails than heavy use. ~~ grnspot
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -picture-032-small-jpg  

Tractor
    Kubota BX2360 & L4240 HSTC

What about a set of pallet forks. You could stack would on the skid or get one of these. I have been stacking all of my wood on skids. It keeps it off the ground and you can move it with the tractor.

Tractor
    Kubota M7040

I made this one with sides and storage compartment.. sold with that tractor... might have to make another one very handy

Kubota 2012 M7040 Cab

Tractor
    Kioti DK50SE HST w/FEL, John Deere LX266 & STX38 Mowers. Stihl MS290 20" bar, & FS190

Quote Originally Posted by phiferpharm View Post
    I made a carry-all using the TSC carry-all based on a video I saw...

The modifications I made were to add racks for my pole saw and weed-wacker, a tool box rack, and a water barrel rack (not shown) to place a filled plastic 55 gallon drum on it for a counterweight. I also put 2X6 skids on the bottom so the metal didn't dig into my concrete.
    Doug,

SWEEEEET!
    I really like that!

David
    Former Submariner & Army SGT
    2011 Kioti DK50SE HST, KL-401 FEL w/72" bucket, tooth bar, & Ratchet Rake, 2 rear remotes, canopy, WR Long RBG72 Grapple, Woods BB72X cutter & TSG-50 stump grinder, TSC PHD, & more to come. Mowers 2003 JD LX266 42" deck mower, & old JD STX-38 (12.5 hp).

Managing 51 Acres of Virginia hills with ponds & streams, mature market timber, riding trails, empty pasture, long gravel drive, veggie garden, & yard.

Tractor
    Kioti DK50SE HST w/FEL, John Deere LX266 & STX38 Mowers. Stihl MS290 20" bar, & FS190

MFWD,

I am on a similar path/ I NEED 1100 lbs of ballast, and a place for my saws & tools, AND ability to carry firewood out of the deeper parts of my forest.

I have a thread here... http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/b...-tool-box.html

Here is the homebuilt carryall I bought used...

I hope we are both successful in our search!
    David
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -2012-06-16-11-44-a  
    Former Submariner & Army SGT
    2011 Kioti DK50SE HST, KL-401 FEL w/72" bucket, tooth bar, & Ratchet Rake, 2 rear remotes, canopy, WR Long RBG72 Grapple, Woods BB72X cutter & TSG-50 stump grinder, TSC PHD, & more to come. Mowers 2003 JD LX266 42" deck mower, & old JD STX-38 (12.5 hp).

Managing 51 Acres of Virginia hills with ponds & streams, mature market timber, riding trails, empty pasture, long gravel drive, veggie garden, & yard.

Gold Member

[QUOTE=phiferpharm;2908316]I made a carry-all using the TSC carry-all based on a video I saw at Wilson Ultimate carry-all at Wilson Outdoors Ultimate Carryall - Part 1 - YouTube .

The modifications I made were to add racks for my pole saw and weed-wacker, a tool box rack, and a water barrel rack (not shown) to place a filled plastic 55 gallon drum on it for a counterweight. I also put 2X6 skids on the bottom so the metal didn't dig into my concrete.[/QUOT

I made a similar one. Yours has some nice features I would like to copy. I added two receivers welded to the frame for vises or towing.It's used mostly as a mobile work platform. Coupled with a small generator , a very handy thing.

Tractor
    Kubota BX25

Kyle - CompactTractorFan

Kubota BX25 w/R4's (23 hp, 17.7 PTO hp), Loader, Backhoe, 60" Mid Mount Mower, Cyclone Rake Z-10 Lawn Vacuum, CountyLine Carryall, Ferris 48" Walk-Behind Mower, Honda 21" Walk-Behind Mower, Mighty Mac 4" Chipper/Shredder,
    2000 Dodge Intrepid, 2012 Ford F-150 EcoBoost

Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast