How do you carry your chainsaw ?

/ How do you carry your chainsaw ? #21  
I would suggest NOT just putting it in your bucket. It is theoretically possible that the saw could bounce out and get run over by the tractor. Theoretically....

4835493996_b412658801_z_d.jpg

4834884743_473b8b7081_z_d.jpg

JayC

/ How do you carry your chainsaw ? #22  
I drive over rough land. I've bent a new bar holding the saw by the bar such as Stewie's setup. I imagain on smooth land though, it works well.

/ How do you carry your chainsaw ? #23  
Yes it can and does happen I bounced a O45AV Stihl out of my truck while backing out of a rough area and ran over it. I felt rather foolish and poor after the repair parts bill.

/ How do you carry your chainsaw ? #24  
I put a sleeve on the side of my weight box for the saw, gas, oil & tools in the top of the box.

Attachments

• HPIM2246 (640x478).jpg
    HPIM2246 (640x478).jpg
    255.2 KB · Views: 1,316
  • HPIM2241 (640x478).jpg
    HPIM2241 (640x478).jpg
    261.2 KB · Views: 1,129
   / How do you carry your chainsaw ? #25  
I drive over rough land. I've bent a new bar holding the saw by the bar such as Stewie's setup. I imagain on smooth land though, it works well.

Were you using a Kolpin Press like his when you bent the bar? The reason I ask is because the power head rests on a padded support plate so it is hard to understand what forces would cause the bending.

/ How do you carry your chainsaw ? #26  
DarkBlack said:

I was afraid of bending my bar due to the ground I usually operate on so I created this setup. While its not pretty it secures the saw and I don't worry about bending the bar.

Attachments

• image-3323536405.jpg
    image-3323536405.jpg
    433.1 KB · Views: 1,632
  • image-3799382991.jpg
    image-3799382991.jpg
    449.4 KB · Views: 1,475
   / How do you carry your chainsaw ? #27  
What whacked the saw head to bend the bar? I have the Kolpin bracket on my ATV and a homemade slip bracket in the carryall of the tractor if the bar bends from the weight of the saw head bouncing around under any conditions I'm thinking that the saw head is way too heavy :eek: I too have some pretty rough land (livestock has to graze in pairs so one can lift the rock while the other feeds) and I don't worry about the saw bracket after having it that way for about eight years -- JMHO

/ How do you carry your chainsaw ? #28  
Were you using a Kolpin Press like his when you bent the bar? The reason I ask is because the power head rests on a padded support plate so it is hard to understand what forces would cause the bending.

No. Just a homemade holster that held just the bar. If the device supports the powerhead also, there shouldn't be a problem.

/ How do you carry your chainsaw ? #30  
Here's mine all from scrap... The plastic bar cover was part of a case that the local hardware store lost so they gave me the other half for free. The bottom of the bar cover was cut out to avoid water /debris accumulation. The assembly mounts with a single 5/16" bolt and "clamps" around the splash guard 1" steel pipe on the tractor.

chainsaw mount 1-20120707-1917.jpgchainsaw mount populated 20120708-1731.jpg