Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 48
  1. #21
    Veteran Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    1,885
    Location
    Monrovia, California
    Tractor
    Kubota BX25

    Default Re: BX25 Harbor Freight Quick Hitch

    Exacly my thought Z5, I will try to drill ...
    Regards,

    Artisan

    Kubota 2012 BX25 (23H.P. / 17.7pto)
    14' Dump / Carson 12K Tow Trailer w/ movable Winch,
    Canopy, Tunes, Stabilizer Soft Pads, 10"-12"BH Buckets, FEL Grapple, Fasse Valved & Switched,
    Fire Extinguisher, ChainSaw Mount, Protective Surround / Enclosure in the works.

    Stayin' Alive (This click could save a life...)

  2. #22
    Super Member 94BULLITT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    7,596
    Location
    Frederick County, VA
    Tractor
    Kubota BX2360 & L4240 HSTC

    Default Re: BX25 Harbor Freight Quick Hitch

    I have looked all over for a set of shorter pins for mine and I can't find any shorter that 4 1/4 like you got. I think they will be some hard drilling. I have a spare set of 4 1/4 x7/8 pins I may use until I can find something else.

  3. #23
    Veteran Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    1,885
    Location
    Monrovia, California
    Tractor
    Kubota BX25

    Default Re: BX25 Harbor Freight Quick Hitch

    Here is a 4"
    RED HANDLE HITCH PIN 7/8 X 4

    Here is a 3.5" but a swivel mechanism, not a pin...
    McMaster-Carr


    Here is a plain Clevis pin, no handle, 7/8" Diameter w/ 2-5/8" Usable $5.04 EA
    Mcmaster.com #98306A593

    I wonder if the Land Pride QH-15 QH Comes w/ nice lower pins?
    I guess I need to dig up a parts list, anyone have a parts list for
    a Land Pride QH-15 QH?
    Regards,

    Artisan

    Kubota 2012 BX25 (23H.P. / 17.7pto)
    14' Dump / Carson 12K Tow Trailer w/ movable Winch,
    Canopy, Tunes, Stabilizer Soft Pads, 10"-12"BH Buckets, FEL Grapple, Fasse Valved & Switched,
    Fire Extinguisher, ChainSaw Mount, Protective Surround / Enclosure in the works.

    Stayin' Alive (This click could save a life...)

  4. #24
    Platinum Member NHmitch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    932
    Location
    SW New Hampshire
    Tractor
    Bolens G154/IsekiTX1300F

    Default Re: BX25 Harbor Freight Quick Hitch

    Hi Artisan,

    That looks great. Have you tried using these? Category 2 to 1 Lift Arm Bushing - 0268454 | Tractor Supply Company I have to use them with my fast hitch, and they slide right over my existing pins. They work great. Anyways, nice job with the welding!
    Mitch

  5. #25
    Veteran Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    1,885
    Location
    Monrovia, California
    Tractor
    Kubota BX25

    Default Re: BX25 Harbor Freight Quick Hitch

    Mitch I guess I wasn't clear. The KK Blade where I made those metal
    bushings? Well those "Extend" the lower implement draw pins by about
    2" each, w/o them the QH bottom hooks do not reach the Implement.
    So they extend and bring up to size. I am not done w/ them and
    I have not elaborated on them on purpose. I should get the
    .5" x 1.5" roll pins I want for them today I would think. After
    I do there will be a better explaination, but to answer your question
    yes I have seen those and I am not thrilled about them, I have
    seen them in all flavors/sizes I should say.

    I ran into an interesting QH Top QC that has promise HERE.
    Here is a pic of it;


    That would stop the top from wanting to jump "almost" out.
    I am not done thinking about that yet.

    I also found a 7/8" x 3.5" plain pin but below it on the same
    page there are some stop collars...HERE. (I am not sold on
    that issue yet either. )
    Regards,

    Artisan

    Kubota 2012 BX25 (23H.P. / 17.7pto)
    14' Dump / Carson 12K Tow Trailer w/ movable Winch,
    Canopy, Tunes, Stabilizer Soft Pads, 10"-12"BH Buckets, FEL Grapple, Fasse Valved & Switched,
    Fire Extinguisher, ChainSaw Mount, Protective Surround / Enclosure in the works.

    Stayin' Alive (This click could save a life...)

  6. #26
    Elite Member Zebrafive's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    3,072
    Location
    South West MI
    Tractor
    John Deere 2030, John Deere 6415

    Default Re: BX25 Harbor Freight Quick Hitch

    Quote Originally Posted by Artisan View Post
    Here is a 4"
    RED HANDLE HITCH PIN 7/8 X 4

    Here is a 3.5" but a swivel mechanism, not a pin...
    McMaster-Carr


    Here is a plain Clevis pin, no handle, 7/8" Diameter w/ 2-5/8" Usable $5.04 EA
    Mcmaster.com #98306A593

    I wonder if the Land Pride QH-15 QH Comes w/ nice lower pins?
    I guess I need to dig up a parts list, anyone have a parts list for
    a Land Pride QH-15 QH?
    I'll bet the John Deere QH has some nice lower pins. Not sure how you would find it on JDparts.com
    John Deere 2030 JD 245SL Loader
    John Deere 6415 mfwd JD 640SL Loader

  7. #27
    Elite Member Zebrafive's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    3,072
    Location
    South West MI
    Tractor
    John Deere 2030, John Deere 6415

    Default Re: BX25 Harbor Freight Quick Hitch

    Quote Originally Posted by Artisan View Post
    Mitch I guess I wasn't clear. The KK Blade where I made those metal
    bushings? Well those "Extend" the lower implement draw pins by about
    2" each, w/o them the QH bottom hooks do not reach the Implement.
    So they extend and bring up to size. I am not done w/ them and
    I have not elaborated on them on purpose. I should get the
    .5" x 1.5" roll pins I want for them today I would think. After
    I do there will be a better explaination, but to answer your question
    yes I have seen those and I am not thrilled about them, I have
    seen them in all flavors/sizes I should say.

    I ran into an interesting QH Top QC that has promise HERE.
    Here is a pic of it;


    That would stop the top from wanting to jump "almost" out.
    I am not done thinking about that yet.

    I also found a 7/8" x 3.5" plain pin but below it on the same
    page there are some stop collars...HERE. (I am not sold on
    that issue yet either. )
    The pictured part is for a top link, implement end. It requires a ball on the implement top pin. Were you thinking of mounting it to the top of your QH and hinging it to drop down and hook up the top implement pin? Seems that would turn your QH into a SH (slow hitch)
    John Deere 2030 JD 245SL Loader
    John Deere 6415 mfwd JD 640SL Loader

  8. #28
    Elite Member Zebrafive's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    3,072
    Location
    South West MI
    Tractor
    John Deere 2030, John Deere 6415

    Default Re: BX25 Harbor Freight Quick Hitch

    Quote Originally Posted by Artisan View Post
    Exacly my thought Z5, I will try to drill ...
    Let us know if the pin can be drilled.
    John Deere 2030 JD 245SL Loader
    John Deere 6415 mfwd JD 640SL Loader

  9. #29
    Gold Member gtrippleb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    429
    Location
    Central NC
    Tractor
    NH T2320 TL

    Default Re: BX25 Harbor Freight Quick Hitch

    Quote Originally Posted by Zebrafive View Post
    I'll bet the John Deere QH has some nice lower pins. Not sure how you would find it on JDparts.com
    Here's the picture of a JD QH

    -mp31589________un17mar03-gif


    Item 6 in the picture is what I think you're talking about.
    Part #: PM9206
    Description: Lower Link Pin

    JD_Category1QuickHitch_PartNumbers.pdf

    You can get the part numbers here https://jdparts.deere.com/partsmkt/d...ches_Quick.htm
    and do a search on https://jdparts.deere.com
    Woods PHD35, Very Old 60" BB, Harbor Freight QH, BX42s Chipper, County Line Carry-All, County Line (Tarter Gate) 48" Tiller, Homemade 60" Dethatcher

  10. #30
    Gold Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Posts
    374
    Location
    Prosper, TX
    Tractor
    ZD323-60 and JD JX75 currently. Previous: L3800 HST w/ BH77, JD301-A , JD450C Dozer, JD 330, JD F525, Ford 4000, Farmall H

    Default Re: BX25 Harbor Freight Quick Hitch

    Looking nice Artisan. I used the pins that are second from the top right in the link when I built my grapple. They were easy to cut to length and drill. I do not think these pins are hardened. My guess is they prefer them to bend instead of snap off, but that is just my not knowing guess. Keep up the great work.

    Agri Supply - Search

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. My Harbor Freight Quick Hitch
    By whiteh2o in forum Customization
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 04-07-2008, 08:43 PM
  2. Quick Hitches harbor freight quick hitch
    By escavader in forum Attachments
    Replies: 34
    Last Post: 02-13-2008, 11:03 PM
  3. Quick Hitches harbor freight quick hitch
    By tornadowatchranch in forum Attachments
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 08-20-2007, 03:02 PM
  4. Quick Hitches Harbor Freight Quick hitch more???
    By BobinIL in forum Attachments
    Replies: 34
    Last Post: 06-09-2007, 06:11 PM
  5. quick hitch - harbor freight
    By twodogs in forum Parts/Repairs
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 06-19-2006, 10:43 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
© 2014 TractorByNet.com. TractorByNet is a registered trademark of IMC Digital Universe, Inc. Other trademarks on this page are the property of their respective owners.