LED Lights

/ LED Lights #51  
Hey Guys i'm new to the forum but i Mounted two Rigid Industries Dually Wide angle D2's (Made in USA) on my M8540
These things are 27 watts but produce almost twice the light output as a standard 55 watt halogen. They do produce heat as others have mentioned in this post. I mounted them using a RAM mounts so i can easily adjust them or face one backwards and one forwards. My 35 watt kubota rear work like looks like a flashlight compared to these things. I should really set up my SLR to take some comparison shots of the Tractor head lights compared to the Rigid. at approximately 100 yards distance from tree line to my barn. with the LEDS on i light up an area about 50 -100 yards wide at the tree line depending on placement. Switching the tractors high beams on only makes a miniscule difference in the light being thrown out.
These lights are not cheap but besides being made in USA rigid also includes a full wiring harness with OE type waterproof connectors a lighted switch and relay. I typically only use the stock headlights when traveling public roads

Dually D2s (Set of two)
2012-03-07_18-28-23_211.jpg 2012-03-07_18-28-12_943.jpg 2012-03-07_18-47-58_588.jpg 2012-04-06_10-09-38_563.jpg

/ LED Lights #52  
Hey Guys i'm new to the forum but i Mounted two Rigid Industries Dually Wide angle D2's (Made in USA) on my M8540
These things are 27 watts but produce almost twice the light output as a standard 55 watt halogen. They do produce heat as others have mentioned in this post. I mounted them using a RAM mounts so i can easily adjust them or face one backwards and one forwards. My 35 watt kubota rear work like looks like a flashlight compared to these things. I should really set up my SLR to take some comparison shots of the Tractor head lights compared to the Rigid. at approximately 100 yards distance from tree line to my barn. with the LEDS on i light up an area about 50 -100 yards wide at the tree line depending on placement. Switching the tractors high beams on only makes a miniscule difference in the light being thrown out.
These lights are not cheap but besides being made in USA rigid also includes a full wiring harness with OE type waterproof connectors a lighted switch and relay. I typically only use the stock headlights when traveling public roads

That's some serious light. I've been considering putting those in the stock fog light mounts on my Super Duty. Only concern is I may not be able to run the fogs all the time like I do with the stock ones because they may be TOO bright for oncoming traffic. :D

/ LED Lights #53  
Nylock 2nd choice.

A word of caution: DO NOT use nylock nuts in cold climates without also using Lok-tite. In the cold, the nylon must shrink a bit, and probably also gets slick, and the nuts can just back right off from the vibrations. I learned that the hard way 5 years ago. Ever since, when I've had to install nylock nuts, I've added Lok-tite and never had that problem since.

/ LED Lights #54  
That's some serious light. I've been considering putting those in the stock fog light mounts on my Super Duty. Only concern is I may not be able to run the fogs all the time like I do with the stock ones because they may be TOO bright for oncoming traffic. :D

Bandit your right these things throw out a ton of light i was afraid if i bought the original dually diffused that they wouldn't have enough light output and didn't want buyers remorse. i think they would have been been fine but have no regrets.
If you got the driving lights for your F250 you wouldn't need the low or high beams on your truck. :) Plus they would be great to flip on when some moron coming at you fails to turn off his high beams after being warned. I used to love doing that when i had two 150 watt sealed beam KC day lighters.

I've actually sent Rigid a request to build a Set of DOT approved lights i think they would be awesome.

Duallys Diffused (Set of two)

/ LED Lights #55  

Dually D2s (Set of two)
View attachment 292304 View attachment 292296 View attachment 292297 View attachment 292303

Interesting idea in using the RAM mounts. I'd have never thought that, even though I use, and LOVE Ram products for my GPS and phone mounts.

/ LED Lights #56  
Interesting idea in using the RAM mounts. I'd have never thought that, even though I use, and LOVE Ram products for my GPS and phone mounts.

Thanks i use the ram mounts on my motorcycles for gps and cup holder as well. I've never seen them used before for lights but as an engineer i was trying to come up with a good solution, this works well. One of these lights facing forward and one rearward for moving snow with a backblade works well. As you know it only takes seconds to reposition a RAM mount

/ LED Lights #57  

Have them on my F350 for back up lights when plowing......went with the d2's also (difussed)...now I want them on the tractor, lawn mower, boat.......
I noticed on 4shorts thread, his alley lights look exactly like the dually d2's but when i went to the site where he bought them they look more like a knock off manufacturer and about 30% less expensive. Just curious.....that was one heck of a thread 4 shorts!!!! Awesome!

/ LED Lights #58  
Have them on my F350 for back up lights when plowing......went with the d2's also (difussed)...now I want them on the tractor, lawn mower, boat.......
I noticed on 4shorts thread, his alley lights look exactly like the dually d2's but when i went to the site where he bought them they look more like a knock off manufacturer and about 30% less expensive. Just curious.....that was one heck of a thread 4 shorts!!!! Awesome!

Ya I noticed he don't have the same lights that I bought from him. Totally different. Not sure why that is :confused3:
Now that I've had the opportunity to use my LED's at night with all this snow we have I got three problems.

#1. There to bright . It's crazy how bright they are in a good way
#2 They are so bright that when I turn them off while traveling on he road and turn on the tractors OEM lights it seems like I have no lights at all on :mad:
#3. I just never want to turn them off :D

Glad you enjoyed that thread. If you want to see how the lights worked out I uploaded a night vid last evening.

Night video Jan 28 2013 - YouTube

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    264.9 KB · Views: 392
   / LED Lights #59  
haha....the light video was excellent.... it was so good that I think I may put a 14" light bar on the plow frame between the 2 Intensifier lights on the Fisher and wire them to the upfitter switches!
Nice that you knock down the street banks for that woman.... I love to do that too!

Thanks for sharing!

/ LED Lights #60  
Those of you that have mounted led work lights, do you prefer the spot or flood lights. Also, do you prefer the 18W or 27W? I don't need to light up a field, just have enough light to feed hay with.