Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567
    Tractor
    Case/IH DX33

Default Re: LED Lights

I've got 2 of the 27w flood lights from tractorhelp.com and love them. They light up a decent sized area but aren't trying to throw light into the next county. I like the floods as they throw the light in a wider area where as the spot lights are pretty focused from my understanding. I went with the 27W lights as I didn't figure that they would be "too bright" and they aren't. The sure light up the area, but it's just about right. Make sense?
    The forums are a great place to find information....but also a great place to find speculation. Only you can determine the real problems with your tractor. We're here to help you find the correct way to do it.

Silver Member
    Tractor
    Kubota M9540 HD 4x4

Quote Originally Posted by pedalstomper78 View Post
    I've got 2 of the 27w flood lights from tractorhelp.com and love them. They light up a decent sized area but aren't trying to throw light into the next county. I like the floods as they throw the light in a wider area where as the spot lights are pretty focused from my understanding. I went with the 27W lights as I didn't figure that they would be "too bright" and they aren't. The sure light up the area, but it's just about right. Make sense?
    That's kinda what I was thinking. 2 flood lights forward and 1 rearward should put plenty of light where you need it.

Silver Member
    Tractor
    Kubota M9540 HD 4x4

Quote Originally Posted by xring100 View Post
    Hey Guys i'm new to the forum but i Mounted two Rigid Industries Dually Wide angle D2's (Made in USA) on my M8540
    These things are 27 watts but produce almost twice the light output as a standard 55 watt halogen. They do produce heat as others have mentioned in this post. I mounted them using a RAM mounts so i can easily adjust them or face one backwards and one forwards. My 35 watt kubota rear work like looks like a flashlight compared to these things. I should really set up my SLR to take some comparison shots of the Tractor head lights compared to the Rigid. at approximately 100 yards distance from tree line to my barn. with the LEDS on i light up an area about 50 -100 yards wide at the tree line depending on placement. Switching the tractors high beams on only makes a miniscule difference in the light being thrown out.
    These lights are not cheap but besides being made in USA rigid also includes a full wiring harness with OE type waterproof connectors a lighted switch and relay. I typically only use the stock headlights when traveling public roads

Dually D2s (Set of two)
    Attachment 292304 Attachment 292296 Attachment 292297 Attachment 292303
    How did you wire them? I assume you have a toggle switch so that you can use them indenpently from the factory headlights?

Tractor
    Kubota M8540

Quote Originally Posted by clee4020 View Post

How did you wire them? I assume you have a toggle switch so that you can use them indenpently from the factory headlights?
    That was really easy. Rigid supplies a complete wiring harness with relay, Lighted water resistant switch and waterproof automotive style connectors at the light. I installed the switch and relay in and under the plastic trim panel that covers up the area between the 3pt control and the rear valves. I ran the wire down and under the platform and tied into the accessory harness on the right hand side of the motor. I believe this harness is normally used for 3rd function valve on the loader. I believe the regular duallys do not included a relay just a switch and harness because the amperage draw is so low. I'll see if i can find a picture of the switch.

Dave

Dave

Tractor
    Big & Small one :)

That was really easy. Rigid supplies a complete wiring harness with relay, Lighted water resistant switch and waterproof automotive style connectors at the light.

Dave
    I wonder why they would even need a relay. The lights don't draw many amps? Maybe the switch is small?
    ...Excellence is not a skill. It is an attitude...

Visit us on the web @ www.specialtyrepairs.ca

YouTube Video's: http://www.youtube.com/user/7863348?feature=guide

2011 Kubota 5740/854 FEL/L2674 Blower/Artic Angle blade with 3rd function set up,Rain Tracker Wiper system, custom built vertical exhaust,Grammer Air Ride Seat and other custom stuff
    2013 Kubota BX25D with many mods
    Kubota ZTR ZG 222 Z
    Custom Toyota Fork Lift

Silver Member
    Tractor
    Kubota M9540 HD 4x4

That was really easy. Rigid supplies a complete wiring harness with relay, Lighted water resistant switch and waterproof automotive style connectors at the light. I installed the switch and relay in and under the plastic trim panel that covers up the area between the 3pt control and the rear valves. I ran the wire down and under the platform and tied into the accessory harness on the right hand side of the motor. I believe this harness is normally used for 3rd function valve on the loader. I believe the regular duallys do not included a relay just a switch and harness because the amperage draw is so low. I'll see if i can find a picture of the switch.

Dave
    Could I splice into wire that run the ligths on the fender and put a switch where I can turn it on and off as long as the factory lights are on?

Tractor
    Kubota L4400-1 HST,FEL, 3x3 remotes, TNT. BX1500 54 mmm

I ordered the 27W LED Round Flood lights from LEDstore on ebay. They were delivered from the west ccoast to WV in a few days and the lights looked really good. I ran down some plastic washers for the swivel points of the lights. I put 2 facing forward and 2 facing rear. I made brackets out of unistrut and welded some bolt ears on. I picked up the power from the factory work light circuit. I used panel mount toggle switches and drilled and mounted them in the light bracket. I turned them on after dark and all I can say is WOW. I had a few questions for LEDstores and they responded quickly and to my satisfaction so my next light purchase will again be from them. Ledstores
    Randall

1Timothy Chapter 2:
    3 For this is good and acceptable in the sight of God our Saviour;
    4 Who will have all men to be saved, and to come unto the knowledge of the truth.
    5 For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus.

Tractor
    Kubota L5240 HSTC, (Kubota L3130 HST - sold)

I used them too. Very pleased with delivery, product and performance
    -Dave

"Being a pessimist is great. You can't lose. Either you end up being right...or you are pleasantly surprised."

L5240HST, QA, 824 Loader, 48" Forks, 48" Grapple, rear blade, box blade, landscape rake, Ancient Farmi Skidding winch
    Trailer - 10k/16' twin axle w/elec brakes
    2005 F250 5.4V8(3V) 3.73/4wd tow vehicle

Quote Originally Posted by 4shorts View Post
    I wonder why they would even need a relay. The lights don't draw many amps? Maybe the switch is small?
    Most likely it's a throw back to the age of high power halogen lights that are going to be installed on the front of a vehicle. You just simply attach the main fused power wire directly to the battery.
    Kubota L4240,Case 580K backhoe, Case 450 Dozer

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567