LED Lights

/ LED Lights #1  

rider9403

Tractor
Farmall 45 with Cab
Has anyone replaces their tractor light with LED light. I have a tractor with a cab and I am thinking of replacing the lights with LED lights on the cab.

Mark

/ LED Lights #2  
I havent had a good experience with LED on my 110v house lighting. I just pulled 2 non working from a front porch light that probably hasnt burned 40 hours total in the 2 years it has been installed. The CFL arent any better with lifespans WAYYYY under what they state on he package. LED tail lights seem to be much better than regular bulbs and brighter but I dont find the flash lights to be that great at long distance lighting like you would want for tractor. I have not seen any front LED lighting on cars other than the running lights I will keep my normal lighting on my cab till they perfect the bulbs a bit more.

/ LED Lights #3  
I have had great luck with CFL lights in my home. I don't buy the cheapest or most expensive. I go for the low priced name brand not that that makes a difference but 5-7 years and a couple near 10y.

I don't know about LED in the home but that is new tech.

I am running led lights in the cabs( ebay cheap china), dashes and dome and rear view mirrors ( moded 72 C20) and about to tackle my first in the running light( on truck) area as well as trailer lights( all).
Better brightness, and poor connections means still got lights.

I have contemplated tractor fronts, but the prices of 27w( minimum, 2 is 100.00) and up is scarey.
One thing to watch out for is 30 degree,60 degree or 120 degree and whither you run them side ways or not.

Ds

/ LED Lights #4  
I mounted four 27 watt LED flood lamps on my ROPS. They really light the work area up and don't draw much current.. Here is a link to my posts... there is lots of other stuff if you search.. They have really come down in price since I bought them. You can get four now for about $ 130.00 on EBAY.

http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/customization/232356-rops-led-work-lights.html

and here is a link to the lamps on EBAY...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/4pcs-x-27w-...Parts_Accessories&hash=item2c66f835a3&vxp=mtr

Last edited:
   / LED Lights #5  
I don't see the angle but it says flood so that should be 60 or 120.

But that is a lot cheaper than the last time i looked.

A 120 would make a good work light.

DS

/ LED Lights #6  
I've taken to writing the install date on the base of the CFL bulbs. 90% of our household bulbs are CFL. ALL are under 24 months in age.....Bigest advantage is hydro savings when running on battery and inverter or generator....

/ LED Lights #7  
I just had another CFL quit working. It had some kind of short, would come on but not stay on and only if the bulb was not completely tight. Just finally tossed it. It was over the mirror in the master bath so it may see a couple hours per day in the 2 years since we moved in. Got to replace 2 Lights of America brand LED that were in an outside fixture on my front porch. So far none of the interior $50 each LED lights have had any problem and they burn more than any lights in the house. Maybe it is non use that gets them. The 2 of 3 on the front porch lights have 20 LEDs and must be a short internally as I am sure all 20 LED didnt go at once.

/ LED Lights #8  
Hummm, I know incandescent bulb do better last longer on DC current.

I wonder if its the kind of wave your CFL are getting, sine vs square wave?
Some electronics are a lot more sensitive to the square.

DS

/ LED Lights #10  
Haven't had any experience with LEDs on a tractor but I would consider it if they weren't so expensive. But, I live in Florida. The OP looks to be in NY. Keep in mind that LEDs do not produce heat This is not a problem where I live since it does not snow. But if you have snow, I understand that it will collect on the LED lights and not melt like it does on standard lights, thus reducing the amount of light you need to work.